Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Regie’93
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 2 Post By Regie’93
  • 1 Post By silva

#1 Old 03-18-2020, 09:39 PM

Vegan friendly coffee

Working on my personal upgrade and trying to make my life even more sustainable and eco-friendly. So here comes a question - are all coffee beans considered to be organic by default? Or there's something I should be aware of?

Also I'd appreciate any ideas on cow milk alternatives - which one have the creamiest texture from your experience? I have no problems with drinking pure espresso, but my husband has.
alekaaurelius likes this.

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks - John Muir
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-20-2020, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Coffee is best purchased sustainably sourced and fair trade
I get mine either at Fresh Thyme or buy Aldis fair trade beans
https://www.perfectdailygrind.com/20...e-main-issues/

I drink coffee plain, but find oat milk is wonderful in tea, and it seems preferred by those who use it for coffee. I now have Chobani extra creamy oatmilk- it's really neutral, very creamy and froths well if you like that
I keep meaning to make my own

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3 Old 03-22-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regie’93 View Post
Working on my personal upgrade and trying to make my life even more sustainable and eco-friendly. So here comes a question - are all coffee beans considered to be organic by default? Or there's something I should be aware of?

Also I'd appreciate any ideas on cow milk alternatives - which one have the creamiest texture from your experience? I have no problems with drinking pure espresso, but my husband has.

I recently discovered chobani extra creamy oat milk. It’s ughmazzzinggggg! Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-22-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Coffee is best purchased sustainably sourced and fair trade
I get mine either at Fresh Thyme or buy Aldis fair trade beans
https://www.perfectdailygrind.com/20...e-main-issues/

I drink coffee plain, but find oat milk is wonderful in tea, and it seems preferred by those who use it for coffee. I now have Chobani extra creamy oatmilk- it's really neutral, very creamy and froths well if you like that
I keep meaning to make my own
Thanks for your reply, Silva! And extra thanks for this article - I've been thinking about fair trade, but still have now idea how to check the brand.
I can't find this info anywhere, so I believe Cafe Don Pablo (even though it's organic) is a no deal for me anymore. They only mention that it's a "family business" but not such info on their Amazon page. Guess I should contact them directly.

As for milk, are your talking about this? Saw it in Walgreens this weekend, so I should definitely give it a try - esp since alekaaurelius recommended it as well. Thanks again!
silva and alekaaurelius like this.

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks - John Muir
#5 Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regie’93 View Post
Thanks for your reply, Silva! And extra thanks for this article - I've been thinking about fair trade, but still have now idea how to check the brand.
I can't find this info anywhere, so I believe Cafe Don Pablo (even though it's organic) is a no deal for me anymore. They only mention that it's a "family business" but not such info on their Amazon page. Guess I should contact them directly.

As for milk, are your talking about this? Saw it in Walgreens this weekend, so I should definitely give it a try - esp since alekaaurelius recommended it as well. Thanks again!
Yes, that's the one! The extra creamy is esp amazing- If you want to use as a regular milk, like for cereal, I've added water to stretch it out, it's that creamy.

Do you have an Aldi? I love their fair trade coffees, I buy the Honduras single source whole bean, as well as ground German roasts. They are labeled fair trade, and a good price, both under $5 for about 12-14 oz. Trader Joes is another good source.
alekaaurelius likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page