I need easy quick recipes. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 2 Post By blue_green_gold

#1 Old 02-08-2019, 09:57 PM

I need easy quick recipes.

Hello everyone! My name is Katie, I'm not a vegan or anywhere near that term. I want to be though. I have been eating fast food and junk everyday. I practiced a pescetarian lifestyle most my life but want to make the plunge for myself, my health, and of course animals. I live alone and work a good bit so meals that a quick and easy or good to make it bulk for meal prep would be idea. I'm so used to just driving through taco bell or mcdonalds it is unreal. I know there are vegetarian options at those places but I'm trying to eat cleaner and better. Just feel invigorated you know? Any tips, favorite foods, recipes, copy cats, kind words, and photos of food wanted!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-11-2019, 01:53 PM
Give peas a chance

What sort of foods do you enjoy?

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

#3 Old 02-13-2019, 04:35 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Welcome, Turnmevegan-

Taco Bell does have a lot of veganizable items. My only complaints are:

1) their food might not be the most unhealthy fast food out there, but it's still quite high in salt, and therefore sodium. This can be of concern for us vegans and vegans-to-be; a diet high in salt can deplete your body's store of calcium.

2) They'll veganize something (such as their bean burrito- one of my favorites, but it normally contains cheese), but that doesn't decrease the price. They'll replace the cheese with extra refried beans, as I usually ask them to do, but I still get charged for the extra beans (not much- only 25 cents per burrito). I know it takes a bit of extra work to change the way they make them, but I usually buy 3 or 4 at once and eat some of them later, so it's really very little extra bother per burrito.

Most of my staples, such as home-made bread or cooked dry beans, I make in large batches- a whole pot of beans (cooked with no salt or oil) or 4 loaves of bread. I freeze some of them. Then I thaw out a single loaf of bread or container of beans in the refrigerator, and make whatever I want with them- a sandwich, a small batch of chili or pastafazool, etc.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-15-2019, 05:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Try these simple healthy things

Breakfast
Mushroom + tomato + toast/bread
Tofu + lemon juice/BBQ sauce/other flavourings.
Fruit
Cereal

Lunch/Dinner
Pasta + veg + peppers
Rice + veg
Soy/lentil Burger + chips
Black bean burrito/tacos (I like sweetcorn in mine, or rice, or lettuce, avocado, tomata etc) + salad
Jacket potato + whatever you like
Vegetable lasagna
Sandwiches: vegan cheese with either tomato, onion or lettuce
#5 Old 02-16-2019, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

This is crazy easy, quick, and cheap!
https://www.cearaskitchen.com/red-le...vegan-healthy/
Season it all kinds of ways, taco spicy is really good!
It's good cold on a lettuce wrap, add some oats to it to make patties, use as a spread, use as a base for other things

https://www.themediterraneandish.com...crispy-onions/
I vary this basic recipe a lot, and only use a bit of oil, if any. Usually saute with water or veg broth. I top with the canned fried onions

Hummus and fat free refried beans make quick on the go lunches.

I often make a bowl with grains, beans and frozen veggies, usually brocolli or cauliflower. Top with a home made sauce

Where you live makes a difference in what to suggest. Vegan can be anything!
blue_green_gold likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#6 Old 02-20-2019, 12:13 PM

For quick and easy nothing beats my Zojirushi rice cooker. I put in rice or another grain, beans or lentils, then top it with veggies and hit the on button. It can be easily made into Italian, Mexican or Indian by varying the spices and ingredients. An hour later (no pot watching) there is a great meal and it's easy to make enough to microwave for another meal the next day, if so inclined.

Another quick and easy that I like is with the electric pressure cooker, aka the Instant Pot. Dump in a package of pasta and a jar of sauce, maybe some beans and veggies, add enough water to cover. Go do something else and in half an hour you have a big Italian meal.

One more idea: Amy's vegan burger on a whole grain bun with ketchup and a thick onion slice!
David3 and Mr. H. like this.

Last edited by blue_green_gold; 02-20-2019 at 12:20 PM.
#7 Old 06-19-2019, 11:43 PM

Vegan food is good for health.
#8 Old 06-20-2019, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast. Oatmeal. cook it with soy milk and add some fresh berries.
Lunch. beans and rice is good enough. I make a big pot of cuban beans and keep some in the freezer.
Dinner. Stir fry. over rice. Try tofu, a green veggie and mushrooms.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page