Dinner party - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-06-2018, 11:14 PM

Dinner party

My husband has got a new job. I was planning to host a dinner party at home for our friends to share our happiness. I like to have a vegetarian dinner party. Can you suggest some good vegetarian recipes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-07-2018, 01:17 PM

How adventurous are your friends?

If they're up for anything and you feel like going all out, you could try something like this:

Ethiopian Feast

If you'd like something simpler, I can recommend this:

Savory Mushroom Stew

I like it over mashed potatoes, but since it's spring and it would be a dinner party, I'd probably serve it over noodles, with some bread to sponge up the sauce and a salad.

There's always a baked pasta dish. Almost everyone likes them.

This is a good one and feeds a crowd:

Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables

Or if you want to have something low key and fun, what about a chili night? There are literally a million vegetarian chili recipes on the web. Black bean is my personal favorite. You could put out a bunch of toppings: green onions, salsa, guacamole, sour cream (dairy or nondairy...Tofutti vegan sour cream is remarkably close to the real thing, imo), and a big bowl of tortilla chips for people to dip into. Maybe with a dark Mexican beer?

Or mushroom fajitas are always a big hit with my friends and family. I think for that I'd go buffet for a party, with the same toppings you'd use for chili and sides of rice and beans.

What kind of an evening were you thinking of? I love meal planning/dinner party planning, if that's not obvious!

When we make compassion our barometer, we don't settle for violence on a small scale. We aspire to kindness on a huge scale. --Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
#3 Old 05-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Somewhere I have an e-book that has a whole section for dinner parties. Every holiday and event is covered. but alas, I can't find it. So I went to google - though maybe I would get a reminder.
Just google "vegetarian dinner party menu recipes" there are lots of websites that have you covered.
There are also a whole bunch of cookbooks - some are ebooks you can borrow for free if you have Kindle Unlimited.
or just head over to your local public library and peruse some vegetarian cookbooks. It is a common topic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page