VeggieBoards banner

Ghetto Vegans

24K views 234 replies 112 participants last post by  SobeVegChick 
#1 ·
Yeah, okay, I am here to confess. I am a ghetto ass when it comes to cooking. But, even the most ghettto vegan food can sometimes taste good. So, everybody post your sorry (but tasty!) recipes here, so I can expand my palette!

Here are some examples of my ghetto food:

Salad with chopped up brussel sprouts and barbeque sauce.

Pudding (flour, water, cornstarch, sugar).

Fruit loops in water (when I have no soymilk).

Nuked and naked potatoes.

See less See more
#33 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelsRm007 View Post

cut up veggies and mustard

lots of fruit and veggies--frozen fruit is good too

jelly..

peanut butter

nuts

heated vanilla soymilk with cinamon (hey, it's good)

I snack lots on dry cereal out of the box, soymilk from the carton and random pieces of fruit and spoonfuls of peanut butter... hmm.. didn't realize i was quite that ghetto.
I do this all too, especially the snacking and the veggies with mustard....yum mustart is good on some many things

#34 ·
I'll eat mustard on just about anything, lettuce and mustard sandwiches, mustard on crackers, sometimes I'll be in a hurry so I'll just eat a veggie burger patty with mustard on it, because bread takes too long (lol). I also make this "stew" out of corn, morningstar farms veggie crumbles and flour, water and a little oil all boiled together until its thick like gravy. The coloring in the crumbles gives it this greenish cast, but its really good, I went through a phase where I ate this at least twice a day.

#42 ·
Boil in bag rice that takes like three minutes

Nuked potatoes with pepper on them

Spoonfuls of peanut butter!

my idea of a salad is lettuce and carrots. Anything else optional

Raw green beans. Mmmm

DRY cereal, out of the box

If I'm really hungry, spoonfuls of sugar

You know what is really ghetto tho? Duct tape..wait, you don't eat duct tape...or DO you??

#43 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Head View Post

You know what is really ghetto tho? Duct tape..wait, you don't eat duct tape...or DO you??
*looks around at present wrapped in duct tape, duct tape card, duct tape folders, duct tape book covers, duct tape wallet, duct tape belt, and roll of duct tape* Obsessed, who me?

Fancy is when you heat up the canned tomato sauce before you put it on the pasta.

#45 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by christy13 View Post

Is having shells & chreese and collard greens for dinner ghetto, or just southern?
I wouldn't really call that Southern and I'd definitely not call it ghetto. ... I'm thinking it would be ghetto if you used iceberg lettuce instead of collards though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash View Post

Top Ramen, a can of mushrooms, a can of spinich-green beans-or peas,a can of tomato soup..Walah-! Call this and variations of it "Muck"..I am the muck master.. Work folks even know the term..."So...what sortta muck are ya' having today dude-?"
Tash, I think your version of voila is the most ghetto thing in this thread!

#46 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash View Post

Top Ramen, a can of mushrooms, a can of spinich-green beans-or peas,a can of tomato soup..Walah-! Call this and variations of it "Muck"..I am the muck master.. Work folks even know the term..."So...what sortta muck are ya' having today dude-?"
Tash, I think your version of voila is the most ghetto thing in this thread!

#49 ·
(Canned Some-Kinda-Bean* + Bowl of Lettuce w/Dressing + Torn-Off Hunka' Pita Bread) x 7 = My Dinner for the Week

*sometimes substituted w/ hummus if I'm feelin' crafty in the kitchen

#51 ·
Hm.. some of these aren't very ghetto at all.. More like "simple".

Dude, potato chips and BBQ sauce = SO YUMMY! No need to buy other dips... I tried it once because I wanted french fries and BBQ sauce, and I thought that chips would be close enough as I had no potatoes, or money to go buy fries.

BBQ sauce is an awesome condiment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.