Veggies of choice + water + boullion + lentils + garlic/onion = soup

I love this, because after you make it, ignore it for about 20 minutes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 10-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlovskitty View Post

When I'm feeling particularly lazy, I plop in front of the computer with a bowl of rice, soy & wasabi, and full sheets of nori. Then my lazy butt just rips pieces and scoops.

Yum! I always forget how much I like plain nori. *walks to cupboard to get a piece*
#63 Old 10-14-2004, 04:54 PM

I looove rice and soy sauce i also like...

bananas covered with tons of peanut butter

a slice of bread+peanut butter+sugar(its crunchy, yum!)

cant forget pocorn and hot sauce, somtimes i just eat spoonfuls of hot sauce

holla!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 10-14-2004, 04:57 PM

See? Shag KNOWS what ghetto is!

I must try those. hehe.. I don't have any chreese, and I'm too lazy to find it, so I'll just use nutritional yeast.
#65 Old 10-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Does Texas cereal count as ghetto? Dump tortilla chip crumbs into bowl, top with salsa, and eat with a spoon.
#66 Old 10-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlovskitty View Post

Does Texas cereal count as ghetto? Dump tortilla chip crumbs into bowl, top with salsa, and eat with a spoon.

And I thought I was the only person that did that! Everyone I know thinks it's sick
#67 Old 10-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Veggie Regular

When I was a starving college student I would make Hot Dog Soup. I guess it would work with veggie dogs, if you're starving. Cut up a hot dog into a pot of boiling water. Add ketchup until it looks like soup. If you're feeling prosperous, add some frozen veggies. Eat directly from the pot.
#68 Old 10-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know if this qualifies as ghetto or not, but I eat beans and rice everyday for months. Its the perfect meal and it keeps me full all day without getting too cranky.The ghetto part is that i'm too lazy to try anything
#69 Old 10-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Banned

i am a dry cereal addict. I go through boxes of the stuff without ever having a bowl of it w/ soymilk--all of it's just straight from the box. even boring, not sweet things like raisin bran or kashi. I can't stop myself.

I put nothing but vinegar on my salad...no oil, not dressing, just straight vinegar :hearts:

today I had a baked potato, part with mustard and part dipped in soysauce.

raw broccoli with mustard.

pretzels with anything (most commonly jam)

mustard goes on EVERYTHING. i have a feeling i'm going to become dangerously addicted to bbq sauce after reading all this...
#70 Old 10-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Veggie Regular

canned vegtable soup with dry potato flakes mixed in. Only when i'm really broke
#71 Old 10-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Some of these posts are absolutely insane- I'm still reeling over ghetto enchilada and hot dog soup.

A kethcup sandwhich tastes like a burger, while a veganaise sandwhich tastes like a Chk'n sandwhich, especially w/ iceburg lettuce (try it, it works)

Before I went vegan we would use evaporated milk for cereal, you had to chew a bit more though

Tomato soup- kethcup mixed w/ hot water

A friend of mine likes Tuno mixed w/ Cheerios- tuno for the flavor, and cheerios for the crunch
#72 Old 10-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have time to read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone's mentioned this already, but one of my friends suggested a very collegaic food option: take ramen noodles, break them up slightly while still in the bag, open the seasoning packet, pour in the seasoning, mix, and eat with fingers out of the bag. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know how good it is, but it surely is ghetto so I thought I'd mention it.

For those who doubt the possibility of vegan ramen, I have seen some oriental flavored ramen that didn't have any beef flavor in it. And D*** was it good.
#73 Old 10-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Avocado sandwiches!!! A pinch of herbamare on the avocado, some tomato, and a smidge of veganaise...mmmm!!! Sometimes I get so lazy that I live off of them for days!

Sometimes I eat tofu straight from the package cold. I think my tastebuds are slightly dysfunctional...
#74 Old 10-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Avocado sandwiches are ghetto? I always thought they were pretty high class.

I'm a potato chip vegan. When I get hungry I just eat a whole bag.
#75 Old 10-16-2004, 08:01 AM
bad
Veggie Regular

i can think of some pretty getto foods but i did'nt dare eat any of it, nigle and adams special rice, white steamed rice, ketchup, mustard, bbq sause, sweet and soursauce, mayo(ew) salt pepper and w/e ever other mistery condiment where in the cafe, they said it was awsome until they added the soysauce :ew:
#76 Old 10-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

haha- a lot of these foods are so not ghetto. You people are real high class
#77 Old 10-19-2004, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelene17 View Post

Sometimes I eat tofu straight from the package cold. I think my tastebuds are slightly dysfunctional...

Thats damn ghetto...
#78 Old 10-19-2004, 10:14 AM

i was up late last night and i was really hungry and i didn't want to cook. the only thing i could find was ramen. the were all non veg, so i tossed the package in the trash and crunched up the noodles in the packet and ate them dry. it was suprisingly yummy
#79 Old 10-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Veggie Regular

What's the need to heat up tofu and pasta sauce? It's ghetto to pour the chip crumbs in with dip and then eat it w/a spoon? What about running out of chips and eating the dip with a spoon plain? With olives? dip on a baked potato? onion dip is awesome on top of a veggie burger and then eaten with a fork.

Well today I was eating this in the shower and thought, this is the best, I should post the recipe, and then realized it wasn't really a recipe...glad I found this thread...

Take a flour tortilla, spread peanut butter and jam (or maple syrup, or honey) on top and then roll up. Tastes like cake! Yummy peanutbutter roll-ups for desert. Very pretty too!

mustard makes a great fat free salad dressing - no calories either! mustard is great on everything/ mmm...mustard and pretzels..mustard on a baked potato...mustard with potato chips...pickle slices...carrots...
#80 Old 10-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

oh, and the round pretzel disks, topped with better than cream cheese and a jalepeno slice, or a pickle slice, or an olive...ummm...

cough drops make good candy, expecially the sore throat pops

bacon bits poured into your palm and licked up

tablespoons of fake powdered cheese

a spoonful of peanut butter, dipped in jelly

i knew someone who said that hotdog buns and nutella (chocalate icing like stuff) tasted just like a long john

i had an old boyfriend who ate generic brand boxed mac and cheese with a can of corn mixed in (he was totally ghetto)

my friends mom used to put extra cans of water in when she made oj to make it stretch more

this is a great post!
#81 Old 10-19-2004, 06:58 PM

Tofu dogs n' BBQ baked beans...but seriously, that's gooooood
#82 Old 10-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagginabit View Post

I forgot to mention my top ramen enchilada. Thats as ghetto as it gets. I get top ramen in a pack, (oriental) crush em up and put em in a plastic cup and pour boilin water on it. Let it sit for a few mins...then drain em off really good. Then take some "chreese" and put it in the noodles, stir, take a 30 cents bag of fritos (original) and crush em up and put em in there too. Mix. It will be thick. Pour it all in the frito bag, flatten it out, and let it sit for two mins. Open up the bag, and ya got an enchilada.

All hail the GHETTO VEGAN QUEEN!!

Girl you are off the chain!
#83 Old 10-19-2004, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daral View Post

I don't have time to read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone's mentioned this already, but one of my friends suggested a very collegaic food option: take ramen noodles, break them up slightly while still in the bag, open the seasoning packet, pour in the seasoning, mix, and eat with fingers out of the bag. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know how good it is, but it surely is ghetto so I thought I'd mention it.

For those who doubt the possibility of vegan ramen, I have seen some oriental flavored ramen that didn't have any beef flavor in it. And D*** was it good.

Yeah my aunt does that. She says its better than chips.
#84 Old 10-19-2004, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubiancooki View Post

All hail the GHETTO VEGAN QUEEN!!

Girl you are off the chain!

#85 Old 10-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I have joined the ranks... or at least just now admitting it. :P

I had NOTHING in the kitchen to bring for lunch at work, and was leaving for school in two minutes, so I grabbed a can of Italian style zucchini and tomatoes (gawd, sodium is high in it)...

Now I'm enjoying it in a bowl mixed with water. Instant tomato soup with zucchini! :P!
#86 Old 10-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

This may be both ghetto and lazy, but I fell prey to it once.

Tortilla chips dipped in natural dark chocolate pb(sweet and salty - yum!). Oh the lengths I'll go to when I'm out of salsa. But hey, it was darn good at the time.
#87 Old 10-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Pasta with tomato soup and veggie baked beans (drained). That one was gross.

Soup=potatoes, celery, carrots, and water. Yummy, actually.

I've taken oats and put cinnamon on them and ate them with a spoon because I was too lazy to make oatmeal!

Frozen french fries dipped in BBQ sauce!

I know someone who doesn't own a coffee machine, just chews on coffee beans...
#88 Old 10-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Cherry-The fry one is ghhhhheeeeettoooo. The other ones sound fine though
#89 Old 10-21-2004, 11:39 AM

When I was a kid, my sister and I used to use Kool-Aid for hair dye (since we didn't have money for anything cool for our hair). It usually lasted about a week. My fav was orange mixed with red. She always liked the purple.
#90 Old 10-21-2004, 11:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRuthieB View Post

When I was a kid, my sister and I used to use Kool-Aid for hair dye (since we didn't have money for anything cool for our hair). It usually lasted about a week. My fav was orange mixed with red. She always liked the purple.

I used to do that...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page