7Likes
  • 1 Post By Spudulika
  • 1 Post By Knowtions In Motion
  • 2 Post By Symondezyn
  • 2 Post By vegetaliano
  • 1 Post By XWillowX

#1 Old 05-05-2017, 01:43 AM

Do You Like Tea?

I used to think of tea as just coffee substitute and then I found I love it after buying some good teas.
The instant variety is good, but I like making hot tea at home from various teas.
I drink tea more than water because I think tea tastes better than water.
Besides, different kinds of teas have some nutritional and health benefits.
When I drink tea, I have less desire to eat junk food.
Some people seem to eat out of boredom, and something flavorful but low-calorie like tea or coffee may help with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-05-2017, 06:18 AM
Veggie Regular

As an English person, I never did get into drinking 'brown tea'. I love herbals though, all kinds. We have numerous herbs growing in the garden which I use; mostly perennials like lemon balm, mint, rosemary etc. but do I buy chamomile tea bags in boxes.
#3 Old 05-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

I used to LOVE teas of all kinds (and coffees), but more so I was seeking the caffeine content to fuel my days for the levels of functioning required by society.

My adrenal glands and other biological responses taught me how to make different choices and I now prefer what I guess you would call herbal infusions, instead.

I enjoy an ongoing differing variety of burdock root, yellow dock, red clover, dandelion, wormwood, white willow, wild plantain, stinging nettles, chamomile, sarsaparilla, comfrey, calendula, etc.

Often times upon waking, I enjoy a nice warm infusion of fresh cut ginger root and lemon slices to start my day.

I'll sometimes add a drop or two of flower essences or tinctures, as well.

I find much comfort in the daily ritual of making my blends in a small Asian tea set that I happened upon at a consignment shop and treating it as a meditative ceremony of sorts.

Especially when I'm fortunate enough to harvest some of the ingredients from our own land, as it adds a level of deep (to me) meaning I never found in my cup before.
Spudulika likes this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Plant Powered

I drink all kinds of teas regularly. Not every single day, however, (with the exception of kombucha) and usually no more than a cup or two a day. During the cooler months, I drink black tea or puer in the morning with my breakfast. I will drink green, white, or yellow tea, matcha, oolong or puer during the day. At night it's rooibos or an herbal tisane.

During the summer months I make iced "tea" using herbal infusions instead of hot teas.

I also make my own kombucha, and I drink it every day with my breakfast and lunch. Super good for energy and digestion
Spudulika and Thalassa like this.
#5 Old 05-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Frenchvegan

Send a message via Skype™ to vegetaliano
An interesting thread: I share Symondezyn's eclectic taste for tea.
Although based in France for nearly 20 years now, I still begin the morning with tea, usually a mix of rooibos and green tea, which offers some of the strength of black tea without the downside.
As a well-integrated Frenchman, I swop to coffee (green cold-brewed) at lunch time, but then back to tea (oolong, white, pu-er or green lapsang) late afternoon, before getting ready for pre-dinner cocktail (kir, sherry, or gin/tonic) and a glass of red wine with the meal.
Whether this drink schedule helps or hinders the benefits of a long-term vegan lifestyle, I've never been sure, but it certainly helps keep a "distanced" perspective as we prepare for tomorrow's presidential election vote!

Cheers, Santé
Symondezyn and Thalassa like this.

Vegetaliano
Empathy, he once had decided, must be limited to herbivores or anyhow omnivores who could depart from a meat diet.
--Philip K. Dick (1968)
#6 Old 05-06-2017, 01:06 PM

I LOVE TEA * Is drinking tea at this moment as i type earl grey tea no milk and one sugar * i also love Coffee but i cant have coffee very much as for some reason if i have too much coffee i become paranoid and my mental health get bad and am all jittery so tea is better i love all sorts of tea my favorite one is ginger and lemon also i like calamine tea earl grey
Spudulika likes this.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
"To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."
Mahatma Gandhi,
#7 Old 05-09-2017, 01:30 AM

Another tea fan here. Green tea is my favorite natural relaxant and snack accompaniment.
#8 Old 05-12-2017, 08:10 AM

I like to drink iced tea. Mostly herbal but some green tea as well. I always have a pitcher of it in the fridge and take some with me wherever I go.

I especially like ginger teas, Genmai-cha which is a green tea with toasted rice and mint teas.
#9 Old 05-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Bandit

I find Earl Grey with lemon slices especially soothing. I grew up drinking a lot of iced tea but I do drink much more hot tea as an adult. Occasionally I also drink herbal teas, like lavender chamomile, or medicinal teas for things like colds. I go through phases where I'll drink fruity tisanes, like raspberry or orange cinnamon, but my default is black tea. I sometimes get green tea - the jasmine variety is especially tasty - but I find it too astringent to drink all the time, I especially notice that when I drink it for a few days in a row.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#10 Old 05-14-2017, 12:50 AM

I like to drink it when I'm relaxing.
#11 Old 05-22-2017, 01:47 AM

Sounds good. I wish I had a garden like yours.
#12 Old 05-22-2017, 01:48 AM

Caffeine also fuels my days.
#13 Old 05-22-2017, 01:49 AM

Wowww, you're such a tea lover, cheers.
#14 Old 05-22-2017, 11:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginagreen View Post
Your life style is so healthy, have your own herbal garden, that's amazing. Guys you must be a warm-hearted person to take care so many plants.
My herb garden is looking fab at the moment, we've just had lots of rain and the plants are vibrant. Lots of bees bumbling around the chive flowers.

It's easy to grow perennial herbs, you just put them in and they do the rest. Give it a go.
#15 Old 05-23-2017, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

I've had massive plants from herbs already started-like in the 2 inch pots, but when I started basil from seeds-not good at all! It hardly grew. Same potting soil, same location. Bad seeds?
I'll stick with pots this year-better be soon!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page