Dunkaroos - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By karenlovessnow
  • 2 Post By Werewolf Girl

#1 Old 03-02-2016, 09:00 PM

Dunkaroos

Do you guys know what Dunkaroos are? It is a packaged snack / dessert that contains dessert-like crackers with a frosting- either vanilla or chocolate frosting, and I used to LOVE that frosting- the chocolate was good, but the white was just out of this world. So I looked it up and it seems that the frosting ingredients are vegan- but the crackers have honey! So my question is, do you guys who are familiar with this product know of any other frosting products, or even recipes, that taste similar? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-02-2016, 09:49 PM

Ah, Dunkaroos! I remember begging my mom for them when I was a kid! According to a variety of sources, this should do the trick:
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 T milk (substitute)
1/4 tsp. Vanilla extract
Sprinkles

There are other recipes out there that I'm sure are delicious (a number of them call for funfetti cake mix, which I'm not sure is vegan- you are supposed to mix it with yogurt and cool whip, and by the time you'd made all the vegan substitutions, I'm not sure it would be very good).

You can also always go the easy route and buy Duncan Hines vanilla frosting, which is usually vegan.
#3 Old 03-03-2016, 02:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModVegan View Post

You can also always go the easy route and buy Duncan Hines vanilla frosting, which is usually vegan.

I used to eat that stuff out of the can. I love the vanilla. And if you refrigerate it, the chocolate tastes like fudge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ModVegan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-03-2016, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

The OP was saying the frosting was vegan but the cookie had honey!

I remember buying a can of chocolate fudge frosting and putting it in the freezer. I'd have a spoonful as is and it was just like fudge! I can't find it without transfat though, thats why it went in the freezer

I have discovered many more packaged cookies seem vegan (barring of course the undetermined sugar) Aldi chocolate chip - the Benton brand- are vegan and probably the best packaged chocolate chip cookies I've had. Many off brand sandwich cookie I saw at Dollar Tree looked vegan

Anyone remember which graham crackers are vegan? What about vanilla wafers? I think most of those are
#5 Old 03-03-2016, 03:25 AM
an irregular

Theres a product I haven't heard of in atleast 15yrs! Although I would only get to enjoy them over friends or family's houses since my mother wouldn't buy sugary stuff like that for snacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Anyone remember which graham crackers are vegan? What about vanilla wafers? I think most of those are
I believe Nabisco's regular/plain ones are vegan but I'm pretty sure the other flavors of them atleast contain honey. Sounds like vanilla frosting and graham crackers could be added to this week's food shopping list for homemade dunkaroos!

instagram: Popcorncaptain
#6 Old 03-03-2016, 06:43 AM

Nabisco Original Grahams are vegan.
#7 Old 03-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nabisco Original Grahams are vegan.
Thanks! I keep forgetting to look that up and do like graham cracker crusts for banana tofu pie
#8 Old 03-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've done this! Frosting + organic vegan chocolate teddy graham rip-offs = heaven! I felt like I was 8 again.
Naturebound and skinnieminnie like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page