Worst Tasting Foods To You - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

#31 Old 05-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I absolutely adore anise, especially the scent. Sometimes I think that someday I may make an anise based perfume.

What I just don't like is; cilantro, cabbage and Brussels sprouts. Plus, Even though, I just love fresh grapes, I can not eat raisins.

I also have a tendency to add more black pepper to dishes when cooking than salt, when usually recipes have it the other way round.

Last edited by cienerose; 05-07-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 05-08-2016, 10:30 AM

Licorice literally every time I eat it I'll gag. The smell makes me gag too. I'm also the same with aniseed. I don't like raisins either.
#33 Old 05-08-2016, 11:57 AM

Yet to find any food I dislike the taste of that badly. Guess I'm the opposite end of the spectrum from the super-taster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-08-2016, 02:50 PM

Baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli nauseate me. It kinda sucks, since I eat both of them on a regular basis, for their ease of preparation and health benefits. I just wished I actually enjoyed them. :/
#35 Old 05-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Pagan Vegan

Fresh cilantro (although dried coriander I am fine with, the fresh is just way too strong for me)
Olives (they taste like the devil)
Raw celery (the stringyness of it just makes my mouth feel weird, cooked is fine)
Spring onions/scallions

I used to hate avocado and eggplant with a passion but now I'm really enjoying them!
Weird how your tastes change so quickly

Through the streets and the houses of gods you roam
and on their altars you lay your heart of stone
#36 Old 05-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganBarBro View Post
Baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli nauseate me. It kinda sucks, since I eat both of them on a regular basis, for their ease of preparation and health benefits. I just wished I actually enjoyed them. :/
Maybe roast the sweet potatoes? Just cut them up smaller and roast them, they get very crispy and sweet. Great with black pepper yum
#37 Old 05-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

I really dislike the orange sweet potatoes, but they go on sale so often in winter I will eat them with curry and coconut milk with garbanzos and rice and tomatoes. Or just salt and pepper, or sriracha and peanut sauce. I really dislike them sweet, but salty is okay
#38 Old 05-09-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Maybe roast the sweet potatoes? Just cut them up smaller and roast them, they get very crispy and sweet. Great with black pepper yum
I'll try that, thanks. I really want to find a way to start enjoying them!
LedBoots likes this.
#39 Old 05-17-2016, 09:16 AM

I don't like parsnips and unfortunately some of the vegan store-bought cheeses I tried. Oh, and Vegemite!!
#40 Old 05-17-2016, 05:49 PM
Baby Love

BBQ Chips taste like barf to me. They are my number one hated food. I dont get how anyone can eat them.

I also hate BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard (unless its the dried spice), pickles and olives.
#41 Old 05-18-2016, 08:05 AM

For me it would have to be in terms of food both brussel sprouts, parsnips and marmite. I have never been able to stomach these mainly because of the taste I find it to be a taste I can never really get on with and find it to be too overpowering. My brother eats marmite and loves it and I always ask him how he can eat it and he goes to me "It's amazing" I really can not see how it is but each to their own.
#42 Old 05-18-2016, 01:38 PM

Feta cheese. Here they put it everywhere, even in dishes where you don't expect it to be. I find it absolutely disgusting, I can't stand the smell of it.
Symondezyn likes this.
#43 Old 05-18-2016, 10:20 PM

I took a risk and ordered natto sushi roll today, and I legit threw up in my mouth. I was on the bus at the time, so that was fun and interesting. The natto itself wasn't all that terrible. The taste was similar to tempeh, which I like. But it had a slimy texture, and that combined with a whole lot of nori (which I can eat, but only in small amounts) was just beyond foul. I tried dousing it with soy sauce, wasabi and ginger to get it down, but there was no saving that ****.

Luckily I also ordered some nice, safe inari too. So it wasn't all bad.
#44 Old 05-23-2016, 05:43 PM
Beginner

most raw vegetables with nothing on it are pretty disgusting
#45 Old 05-23-2016, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
What a rad thread! But how strange it is to see people hating on my fave foods. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? THEY ARE DELICIOUS?! Ha.

I can't stand coriander. Genetic it may be but it's a fact. Gagworthy. Soapy. And also 'don't like eggplant' but am sure it's quite nice when cooked properly? I swear I've liked it in the past...

Oh and capers. Despite being salt-obsessed I can't do capers...

Werewolf , I know so many people who don't like raw tomatoes?! Had never heard of it then bam. Many. What about cherry tomatoes that taste distinctly sweeter?
#46 Old 05-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Plant Powered

There aren't any natural foods I can think of that I hate, but there are certain textures I can do without: mushy bananas, raspberries, and acorn squash all come to mind, and eggplant - although they can all be changed by different cooking preparations so they get a pass LOL.

The foods I hated are all off limits as a veg*n anyway, so I count myself very fortunate to only "have to" eat plants!!!
#47 Old 05-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter Orange View Post
Feta cheese. Here they put it everywhere, even in dishes where you don't expect it to be. I find it absolutely disgusting, I can't stand the smell of it.
me too!!
Bitter Orange likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page