Vegan Ice Cream (that's even 3/year-old approved!) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Naturebound
  • 1 Post By karenlovessnow
  • 2 Post By TGreene

#1 Old 02-02-2016, 08:10 PM
Out of the veg closet :)

Vegan Ice Cream (that's even 3/year-old approved!)

Hey guys just stopping in to tell you guys about a wonderful little indulgence I found at the grocery store today. As I am a new vegan I know my vices lol so I wanted to have something on hand for when I want a treat. So I had to taste-test this ice cream to be sure it was, you know, good! It's called Luna & Larry's Organic Coconut Bliss (the flavor was Dark Chocolate and they have others). It is so darn good I wanted to eat the whole pint. It's completely vegan, and an omni would never know it if you didn't tell them. So good. My little son tried it and even he thought it was so good he didn't want to stop eating it lol. And since he's a little particular about ice cream in general (he's omni right now cuz his dad is the farthest thing on the planet from a vegetarian and he visits him each weekend), I considered this to prove just how good it is.

So I don't know if you guys can find the brand, I'm in Western Pennsylvania, but if you ever see it, it's definitely worth the money.

Products like this are proof that there is nothing "lacking" or "depriving" of a vegan diet. And they also make the transition for people much easier as well!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-03-2016, 03:02 AM
Veggie Regular

My omni partner LOVES their ice cream! And SoDelicious coconut based ice cream too. It's a shame you get so little and the price is ridiculous, but it's meant to be an occasional treat anyway, right? And maybe it's a good thing you don't get a ton of it at once lol.

I have never been a huge fan of ice cream (dairy made me so ill when I was an omni that I developed a psychological fear of it as well as physical repulsion so even vegan ones i am careful about lol). But I do like some of the vegan friendly sorbets out there that are far cheaper than the designer vegan ice creams. There are a lot of "accidentally vegan" sorbets out there, so check labels on those too.

Here are some more vegan friendly ice cream and other related products:

http://www.vegan-nutritionista.com/n...ice-cream.html
http://www.animalliberationfront.com...anFoodList.htm

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 02-03-2016, 03:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Vegan Ice Cream (that's even 3/year-old approved!)

So Delicious cashew milk ice cream for the win! Best dairy free ever, for taste and texture/creaminess. IMHO, of course.

http://www.godairyfree.org/product-r...milk-ice-cream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TGreene likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Out of the veg closet :)

I did see the So Delicious and want to try that too. And really, looking at all of the wonderful choices we have, it really is still mind-blowing how people thing our way of eating/living is boring and bland and not enjoyable. In fact, I'm actually considering starting a blog focused on veganism, healthy living, natural alteratives and products. It will include reviews of products and it would be cool if some people actually check it out haha (I think starting it first is a good move lol!!). And ya I know there are tons of blogs out there but I think the more that's out there the more we can inform people. And even if we only change people's minds about something (even if it's just them cutting down on dairy or meat, or refusing to buy real leather or fur) then it's a step in the right direction, right??
karenlovessnow and LedBoots like this.

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left fighting for it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page