• 2 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By ZoroAdams
  • 3 Post By skinnieminnie
  • 1 Post By Dave in MPLS

#1 Old 01-31-2016, 08:02 AM
Vegan

Talking Banana Ice Cream Frenzy!

I love nana ice cream soooo much! I thought I'd share the best recipes I've made!
Eggnog Nana Ice Cream!
- silk eggnog
- frozen bananas
-cinnamon
(so easy, simple and goooooood)
I'm not sure what to call this one but heres what in it and its the best one!
- frozen bananas
- dark chocolate
- very vanillas almond milk
- caramel syrup
Werewolf Girl and LedBoots like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-31-2016, 08:09 AM
No flesh since 99'

LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE banana ice cream! Funny yetis thread was posted today. Even though it hasn't exactly been warm out, I put my ice cream maker bowl in the freezer last night because it seems like summer was sooooooo long ago and I really miss my fresh ice cream Carob chip banana ice cream for desert tonight though
#3 Old 01-31-2016, 08:36 AM
Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE banana ice cream! Funny yetis thread was posted today. Even though it hasn't exactly been warm out, I put my ice cream maker bowl in the freezer last night because it seems like summer was sooooooo long ago and I really miss my fresh ice cream Carob chip banana ice cream for desert tonight though
The weather does throw me off with this! I miss sitting outside with a big bowl of it! I haven't tried carob chips, so hard to find any! I bet its yummmmmmmy!
Kiwibird08 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-31-2016, 01:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I've tried to make banana ice cream several times, using frozen bananas, a bit of soy milk and cinnamon sugar. But each time it has a kind of bitter taste to it, and I'm not sure why. Even when I added frozen strawberries to the mix it still had the bitter aftertaste.
#5 Old 01-31-2016, 03:24 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouton View Post
I've tried to make banana ice cream several times, using frozen bananas, a bit of soy milk and cinnamon sugar. But each time it has a kind of bitter taste to it, and I'm not sure why. Even when I added frozen strawberries to the mix it still had the bitter aftertaste.
It's best if the bananas are almost TOO ripe.
skinnieminnie likes this.
#6 Old 01-31-2016, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
It's best if the bananas are almost TOO ripe.
Oh okay, I was using mostly still very new bananas. I will let them sit a bit longer next time before I freeze them.
LedBoots likes this.
#7 Old 01-31-2016, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

I just posted in the Yonana's thread that nutra bullets, or, nutrition extractors, do a good job with fruit sorbets
LedBoots likes this.
#8 Old 01-31-2016, 03:44 PM
No flesh since 99'

Quote:
I would try it not using soy milk. Try a few tbsp of of hemp seeds and water instead. You may also want to add a little agave to it.
#9 Old 01-31-2016, 04:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I only used the soy milk to loosen it up a bit, as the bananas were still very frozen and they weren't blending properly, but getting stuck in lumps. I also bent one of the blades from my nutribullet. But I have learnt now that I need to let the banana sit for a while after taking it out of the freezer, rather than trying to blend it straight away. That seems like it would be a fast way to break my nutribullet haha.
littestvegan likes this.
#10 Old 01-31-2016, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to make banana ice cream all the time! Not sure why I stopped... I liked it with a spoonful of peanut butter blended in. Just bananas and peanut butter. You definitely have to take the bananas out for a bit before blending. Cutting them into smaller pieces before freezing helps too.
LedBoots and littestvegan like this.
#11 Old 01-31-2016, 05:48 PM
Vegan

Quote:
I'm not sure why its bitter, maybe its a freezer taste you know? You could try to sweeten it with some soy/almond yogurt! I use stonyfield. Maybe even use some agave nectar, sugar if you arent that crazy about sugar. r
#12 Old 01-31-2016, 05:49 PM
Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyr656 View Post
I used to make banana ice cream all the time! Not sure why I stopped... I liked it with a spoonful of peanut butter blended in. Just bananas and peanut butter. You definitely have to take the bananas out for a bit before blending. Cutting them into smaller pieces before freezing helps too.
I agree, biting into an unexpected frozen banana piece is a no-no!
#13 Old 01-31-2016, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

I love banana ice cream too! My favourite is adding a bit of cocoa powder and a spoonful of almond butter, it's positively decadent.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#14 Old 01-31-2016, 05:58 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyr656 View Post
Yes, I slice them up and freeze on a tray, then transfer the frozen chunks to a freezer container.
#15 Old 02-02-2016, 01:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I just posted in the Yonana's thread that nutra bullets, or, nutrition extractors, do a good job with fruit sorbets

I just posted in the Yonana thread that I'm not a fan of frozen banana ice cream. I feel so left out! :cries:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#16 Old 02-02-2016, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post
I just posted in the Yonana thread that I'm not a fan of frozen banana ice cream. I feel so left out! :cries:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're not! I don't exactly dislike it, but don't like it enough to make them!
I do like to make sorbets from frozen fruits, often accidently simply because i use too much frozen fruit and not enough liquid
karenlovessnow likes this.
#17 Old 02-02-2016, 01:31 PM

Ho ho ho. I adore banana ice cream. I like it with a pinch of cinnamon.
littestvegan likes this.
#18 Old 02-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Fellow Hummusapian

That banana-eggnog recipe sounds amazing.

I'm a plain Jane and usually just add peanut butter with the banana and top it with a chocolate drizzle when I do make it. Though I prefer cashew milk ice cream or Tofutti from the store if I have a serious hankering for ice cream.
#19 Old 02-05-2016, 07:57 AM

Wowowow! Very testy receipt! Thank you )) I usually love it with strawberry and warm chocolate, which I sometime cook )
#20 Old 02-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

The bananas should actually have brown spots on their peels - that's when they are at their sweetest, and ideal for freezing.
#21 Old 02-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Riot Nrrrd

This is probably obvious to everyone, but it wasn't to me the first time: peel your bananas, then freeze. Getting the peel off a frozen banana is miserable work.
Beautiful Joe likes this.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#22 Old 02-10-2016, 01:31 PM
No flesh since 99'

I got one of those cheap Cuisinart ice cream makers (around $35 on amazon) last year and I think the churning helps. I just blend bananas (room temp) with hemp seeds, a little water and whatever "flavors", then put them in the ice cream maker. It churns it into something of soft serve consistency, at which point you put it in a container and in the freezer for a few more hours. Comes out very much the consistency of actual ice cream.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-...er+refurbished

And an ice cream container

http://www.amazon.com/Tovolo-Sweet-T...+ice+cream+tub
(You can frequently find these in summer at Ross or TJ Maxx type stores for cheaper)

Then you have a pint of ice cream at the end for all your effort instead of just a single serving
#23 Old 02-11-2016, 04:27 AM

Red face

Yummy....... AMAZING job!!!! Thank you for sharing here. I really like Banana Ice Cream.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page