mmm Soy Icecream! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-25-2004, 05:07 AM
Beginner

Well, my tranisition to veganism is well and truly underway. I finished the last of my cheese today..so no more now

I bought soy icecream today, I'm pretty sure its vegan - says it has no animal fats or lactose etc and couldnt find anything suspect on the ingredient list...uses soy lecithin as an emulsifier.

Anyway..getting to the point: It's soy, it's chocolate and its DAMN good! Who knew being vegan could be so tasty?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-25-2004, 07:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Congrats... I love soy ice cream. My favorite brand is Soy Delicous...
#3 Old 08-25-2004, 07:49 AM

SOY CREAM! Soy cream ALL the way!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-25-2004, 08:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Soy Delicious Cookie Avalanche...I recently discovered it. You'll wonder what you ever saw in dairy ice cream.
#5 Old 08-25-2004, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigB View Post

Soy Delicious Cookie Avalanche...I recently discovered it. You'll wonder what you ever saw in dairy ice cream.

i concur wholeheartedly. i also love their mint chocolate fudge. mmmmmmm.
#6 Old 08-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Veggie Regular

that stuff is really good

even my mom steals my Cuties, and when i ask her if she likes them she makes a "so - so" face and says they're OK.

hehe
#7 Old 08-25-2004, 11:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigB View Post

And you ate it all before I could have any.

Don't worry, they'll make more!
#8 Old 08-25-2004, 12:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Here we go again...

Soy Cream is -- bar none -- the best.

If it wasn't for soy ice cream, the transition to veganism would have been much, much harder for me. Cheese I could give up. Not as big a deal for me as for some, though it was a bit tough at first. Ice cream, though... At one point in college, I was drinking nearly a milk shake a day. I love, love, loved ice cream back in the day, and I'm thrilled to have access to something so damn similar and cruelty-free now. Also glad that I'm learning to control my addiction to it. I would be an overweight vegan indeed if I had access to unlimited pints of Soy Cream!
#9 Old 08-25-2004, 03:34 PM
Beginner

Is Tofutti any good? That's the only one I've seen at my regular grocery store.
#10 Old 08-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

do they have Tofutti Cuties ?

they're the sh*t
#11 Old 08-25-2004, 03:57 PM
Veggie Regular

the tofutti cutties are good, I don't care for just tofutti, it tastes like frozen whipped topping to me. Most health food stores carry soy delicious, which is the best soy ice cream on earth!
#12 Old 08-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebelovedtree View Post

the tofutti cutties are good, I don't care for just tofutti, it tastes like frozen whipped topping to me. Most health food stores carry soy delicious, which is the best soy ice cream on earth!

I have to disagree, people who have had soy cream overwhelmingly prefer it to soy delicious.
#13 Old 08-25-2004, 04:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I never even heard of "Soy Cream" as a brand. I see "Soy Dream" all over the place, though. You guys sure about "Soy Cream"? If so, I've never seen it, even in the best New York City shops... Maybe it's local to another area?
#14 Old 08-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Veggie Regular

*agrees with remi*

And Tofutti Cuties aren't any better than Soy Delicious' Li'l Buddies, IMO.
#15 Old 08-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rij73 View Post

I never even heard of "Soy Cream" as a brand. I see "Soy Dream" all over the place, though. You guys sure about "Soy Cream"? If so, I've never seen it, even in the best New York City shops... Maybe it's local to another area?

About as sure as sure can be. I eat it all the time, and it is far, far superior. Less expensive, too.

Here's a website:

http://www.doublerainbow.com/products/products.html (second-to-last category of products... I buy my three fave flavors from Whole Foods Markets)
#16 Old 08-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Ahhh, we don't have whole foods here, and as far as I know, we don't have soy cream. For the biggest city in NC, Charlotte really sucks, if I drive 2 hours west to the teeny tiny mountain towns I can find 3 vegetarian resturants on the same street, but Charlotte only has one. Some things I will never understand...
#17 Old 08-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks Epski! Tomorrow I will run, not walk, to Whole Foods and look for it. Maybe I just missed it... I only moved to New York a couple of months ago. I got hooked on Soy Delicious beforehand, but it was the only brand I could get in the town where I lived then. Maybe they do have Soy Cream here. Will check!
#18 Old 08-25-2004, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

I have to disagree, people who have had soy cream overwhelmingly prefer it to soy delicious.

Soy Cream is superior in flavor, texture, and selection. Don't cheat yourself- get soy cream.

Dude, okay.. That sounded like a commercial, but seriously! It doesn't have that odd marshmallow flavor all soy delicious ice cream has. It's ridiculously good, and much creamier than other varieties of soy ice cream. I love it!
#19 Old 08-25-2004, 07:38 PM
cyk
Veggie Regular

Okay, Soy Cream, Soy Delicious' Li'l Buddies, Tofutti Cuttie...

I gotta go! I don't know what time whole foods closes - its already almost 9, but I want to try them.. all!! Tonight!!
#20 Old 08-25-2004, 07:51 PM
Beginner

Smacks lips,

You guys are so lucky with all those Soy Cream flavors!!! Here in NC, we only have Soy Dream, but it's better than nothing. However, Soy Cream had Peppermint. I wish a freezer truck could come to my house. LOL.

Really, I'm a Soy_Nut jumping all around...LOL
#21 Old 08-26-2004, 11:11 AM

http://www.soydelicious.com/products/coupon.html

Soy Delicious has coupons - just fill out a short form (Name/Address/E-mail) and they will send you product coupons.

BabyVeggies
#22 Old 08-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh no! It seems Soy Cream is not to be had in New York! If there's any New Yorkers reading this thread who know otherwise, please PM me! I really wanted to try it after the glowing endorsements...
#23 Old 08-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Oh no! It seems Soy Cream is not to be had in New York! If there's any New Yorkers reading this thread who know otherwise, please PM me! I really wanted to try it after the glowing endorsements...

Well, that's a tragedy! Did you contact Double Rainbow directly, or what?
#24 Old 08-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:

email [email protected] with your zipcode and ask for a list of the closest retailers. Also call your local whole foods and ask them if they can carry it or special order it for you (this would involve probably getting together with other people, you would have to order cases [probably 12 pints] of a given flavor).
#25 Old 08-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

thx, remilard... I emailed Double Rainbow, but they didn't respond (yet)... I am moving into my new apartment next week. I will double-check the stores in that neighborhood, and then try the special ordering thing if I can't find it.
#26 Old 09-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I know this is an old thread, but just to provide closure, today I found Soy Cream in Brooklyn!!! Hooray! Double Rainbow took weeks to respond to my request, but they finally told me that some small grocers in my area carry Soy Cream. I found it today in a place I never would have checked otherwise. The fancy organic/whole foods type market where I get all my other soy products doesn't carry it, but this basic corner grocer a couple of blocks from me does! I'm trying it tonight, and I can't wait!
#27 Old 09-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, on a trip last month to the big city. I finally had the chance to try the infamous Soy Cream and it was just "eh". I'm wondering if I just got ahold of a bad batch/flavor (was some Caramel Apple thing).

to Soy Delicious still here.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#28 Old 09-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I tried the Chocolate Chocolate Chip tonight, and it was heavenly! So rich and creamy!
#29 Old 09-28-2004, 12:40 AM

I've been going on a small appliance binge this year (those $20 Target store sales are great) and finally bought an ice cream maker. Bryanna Clark Grogan has a great ice cream recipe that I've used a couple of times. I ate the last of a batch the other night and now I wish I had some.

It's nice--no preservatives, clean taste, pretty good mouth feel. And much much cheaper than the soy ice creams.
#30 Old 09-28-2004, 04:34 AM
Veggie Regular

MREOWR!!!!!

I love Soy "ice cream".

Anybody ever tried Alpro???

It is in both Vanilla and Choco flavour, so rediculously tasty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page