What is your favorite fast food veggie option? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

#1 Old 01-29-2015, 11:44 AM

Question What is your favorite fast food veggie option?

I know fast food usually associates with unhealthy food options. But there are more and more veggie options in fast food restaurants nowadays. So what is your favorite fast food veggie option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Chipotle brown rice/black bean burrito! With guacamole!
#3 Old 01-29-2015, 12:25 PM
Beginner

Coffee. Though I haven't even done that in 4 years. If I'm in a pinch I go to the gas station and get a couple bags of nuts and a coconut water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Vegan as f**k

Hmmmm...Maybe a vegan burger?

Why is the suffering and killing of animals wrong? Because the value of a sentient organism's life is priceless. They are their own beings and have their own lives and loves. They have higher emotions and thought processes. Their minds are different from ours in degree, not kind - meaning that fundamentally there are critical similarities.
#5 Old 01-29-2015, 02:25 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Don't know a single fast food chain that would do vegan. ...maybe subway veggie delight... But not sure I can call it favourite...
Soy latte is a good one. Just drinks for me now, I've started packing marmite sandwiches every time I go out

it takes guts to be gentle and kind
#6 Old 01-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozIsMyShepherd View Post
Don't know a single fast food chain that would do vegan.
That's why I hmmm'ed hehe...I think the Gourmet Burger Kitchen do vegan burgers but they aren't really a fast food restaurant...

Why is the suffering and killing of animals wrong? Because the value of a sentient organism's life is priceless. They are their own beings and have their own lives and loves. They have higher emotions and thought processes. Their minds are different from ours in degree, not kind - meaning that fundamentally there are critical similarities.
#7 Old 01-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

A sandwich from Subway, I guess. The only times I'll eat something from fast food restaurants is during a long road trip, which rarely happens.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#8 Old 01-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Don't know a single fast food chain that would do vegan. ...maybe subway veggie delight... But not sure I can call it favourite...
Soy latte is a good one. Just drinks for me now, I've started packing marmite sandwiches every time I go out
With extra yoga mat, please!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...bread/7587787/

There's a reason fast food is cheap.
#9 Old 01-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Knowing your love of falafel I thought you'd say local kebab shop

#10 Old 01-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Vegan as f**k

I wouldn't trust a local kebab shop

#11 Old 01-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post

I wonder if they use same bread in the uk... Anyway subway is useless to a vegan and even a vegetarian
lucky7 likes this.

#12 Old 01-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post

They reacted to the publicity and took out the yoga mat ingredient, apparently. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/subway-n...-in-our-bread/
#13 Old 01-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Beginner

Since turning vegan, I've only been to coffee shops. I don't drink caffeine, so I've only had teas that don't contain caffeine.

There are a few pub type places that I may go to in the future. I guess I'll order fries. I'm sure they are using the same deep fryer that the wings were fried in. Other options will be nachos w/ guacamole or veggie burgers sans the buns wrapped in lettuce paleo style.

If I want to eat out, I usually get prepared food at Whole Foods or go to a sit down restaurant.
#14 Old 01-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Don't their breads contain dairy?
#15 Old 01-29-2015, 10:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfSaturn View Post
"These sandwiches can be made on any of Subway’s five vegan bread products, including their Italian White Bread, Hearty Italian White Bread, Light Wheat English Muffin, Roasted Garlic Bread, and Sourdough Bread."

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/s...an-sandwiches/
ReturnOfSaturn likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#16 Old 01-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Falafel, sushi, coffee. Sometimes I'll go to Subway in a pinch, I was always pretty "meh" about their veggie subs but now in Canada we have a vegan veggie patty and avocado so it's a lot tastier than just salad on bread.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#17 Old 01-29-2015, 10:23 PM
No flesh since 99'

Theres a fast food place called Veggie Grill here in Portland that has amazing food, all vegan. It was always sooooooo delicious. No raw vegan options though I haven't ruled out eating the occasional cooked food meal here and there though and VG would be my top pick
#18 Old 01-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
"These sandwiches can be made on any of Subway’s five vegan bread products, including their Italian White Bread, Hearty Italian White Bread, Light Wheat English Muffin, Roasted Garlic Bread, and Sourdough Bread."

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/s...an-sandwiches/
I'm going to verify if it's the same in Canada. If so, I guess I can eat at Subway now.
#19 Old 01-29-2015, 10:37 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Falafel, sushi, coffee. Sometimes I'll go to Subway in a pinch, I was always pretty "meh" about their veggie subs but now in Canada we have a vegan veggie patty and avocado so it's a lot tastier than just salad on bread.
Oh thanks for verifying vegan options for Subway in Canada.
#20 Old 01-29-2015, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh thanks for verifying vegan options for Subway in Canada.
No problem! It's nice having convenience food options for when you're in a hurry or just don't feel like cooking.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#21 Old 01-29-2015, 10:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Typical fast-food restaurants aside, my local vegan restaurant/shop that's a 5 minute drive away from my house makes meals to go (cold type meals). Going there and grabbing one is pretty fast.
Werewolf Girl likes this.

#22 Old 01-29-2015, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Typical fast-food restaurants aside, my local vegan restaurant/shop that's a 5 minute drive away from my house makes meals to go (cold type meals). Going there and grabbing one is pretty fast.
Ugh, you just reminded me. I live a 15 minute walk away from Whole Foods and it's TORTURE. It's so expensive so I have to constantly talk myself out of buying a slice of vegan chocolate cake or getting food from the buffet thingy, it's so convenient and soooo good...
LedBoots likes this.

#23 Old 01-30-2015, 12:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Ugh, you just reminded me. I live a 15 minute walk away from Whole Foods and it's TORTURE. It's so expensive so I have to constantly talk myself out of buying a slice of vegan chocolate cake or getting food from the buffet thingy, it's so convenient and soooo good...
The closest Whole Foods from me is half an hour away, and I do have a store closer that sells vegan products (food and otherwise), so I rarely go there. I want to go there soon to grab seitan, though. I LOVE the vegan sandwich they have on the buffet part of the store, but it is very expensive for its size.

#24 Old 01-30-2015, 03:21 AM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
I don't know I don't eat it. I meant it's the only vegan fast food option I'm aware of in the uk, so perhaps it's not even vegan...

#25 Old 01-30-2015, 05:35 AM
Lovable misanthrope

Came across this, am excited to try it next time I'm in Wimbledon. Vegan nandos

#26 Old 01-30-2015, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Moes' Southwest Grill and Subway

Subway was very unfairly targeted for that ingredient that was widely used in many other foods BTW
A big salad with sweet onion dressing on a fresh toasted Italian sub bun suits me fine.

I'm glad there's Chipotles but dont' like them at all
#27 Old 01-30-2015, 06:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Subway-6 inch veggie delight sandwich, and an oatmeal raisin cookie (love em'!)

Mcdonalds- Southwest salad, with southwest dressing, ordered WITHOUT chicken. Or, a fruit and yogurt parfait, or a smoothie. I hear good things about the fruit and nut oatmeal, but havent tried it yet.

BK- BK veggie burger, side salad

Wendy's- baked potatoes with ketchup! Nom nom nom (vegan)

Taco bell/taco johns- bean burrito, ordered without cheese, this is called "fresco style" at taco bell. (vegan)

Pizza place- easy peasy for me, a thin crust option without meat. I usually go for a veggie lovers style.
#28 Old 01-30-2015, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Oh. This is about ovo/lacto veg!

I could eat anywhere!
melimomTARDIS likes this.
#29 Old 01-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Came across this, am excited to try it next time I'm in Wimbledon. Vegan nandos
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kgm1qV_iSLI
Tim "Livewire" is amazing, have you seen his parkour / free running skills? Have a look around on his YouTube. Some lovely footage of him practising with wee 'uns there too.
#30 Old 01-30-2015, 01:57 PM

Falafel or french fries are usually the only things I can eat, but I love them both so it's all good!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page