Veggie dogs. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-20-2004, 04:32 PM

Are there any good ones out there? I tried the YVES VEGGIE CUISINE Veggie Dogs and they were quite disgusting. Also tried the Smart Dogs - not as nasty, but still gross. Any other suggestions? What is so yummy you would suggest them to others? Also any good 'sausage' suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not sure about sausage, but for hot dogs, Tofu Pups are it! They cook up nicely, grill pretty well and are perfect with tofu mayo (like home made or vegainnaise), a whole wheat bun and whatever toppings you love.
#3 Old 05-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Yves' The Good Dog is supposed to be the best. It's not vegan though. I wouldn't recommend any veggie hotdog to anyone though. None of them are real good, unless you mask it with a lot of toppings or something. I put them in crescenet rolls and enjoy them that way though.

I haven't tried any sausages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-20-2004, 04:53 PM

I haven't found one yet that I like. I've never tried the Tofu Pups though.
#5 Old 05-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate veggie dogs by themselves. But I love trader joe's meatless corndogs. And I think those are vegan. I know morningstar's aren't. But they are veggie and tasty.
#6 Old 05-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Now. If you want sausage--the grillable, hot doggy kind--you must go out and find yourself some Tofurky sausage. It is truly amazing. The Italian style is particularly great.
#7 Old 05-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincaro View Post

I hate veggie dogs by themselves. But I love trader joe's meatless corndogs. And I think those are vegan. I know morningstar's aren't. But they are veggie and tasty.

I'm almost positive that the Trader Joe's ones aren't vegan.
#8 Old 05-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Banned

Boca company has Italian sausage "dogs." They are good. I don't know if they are vegan are not, haven't had them in a while.
#9 Old 05-21-2004, 11:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I had the Morningstar Farms veggie dogs...wasn't a fan! I stomached two with lots of toppings and had to toss the rest...what a waste of money!
#10 Old 05-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I didnt like tofu pops, smart dogs, or any other veggie dog I tried. They all taste the same to me, like unseasoned, bland jiggly peices of something? I want to try the tofurky ones though be cause Ive been hearing a lot of good things about them.
#11 Old 05-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Personally I think the Morningstar Farms hotdogs are the best! For sausage, I'd say Morningstar Farms sausage patties are great. I don't like their links though, for some reason they taste weird.
#12 Old 05-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Sart dogs taste so good to me. I know for a fact that boca makes vegan hamburger patties, but I am not sure about hotdogs.
#13 Old 05-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Tofu pups taste a little bit better than smart dogs... Personally, I don't mind them. That is, when they are stuffed in a hot dog bun and loaded with ketchup, mustard, and pickle relish.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page