What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating? Version 2.0 - Page 27 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 776Likes

#781 Old 12-19-2016, 10:57 PM
Bandit

My new roommate made this excellent tofu dish (she marinated the tofu in teriyaki for like an entire week) with ginger broccoli and a nice nutty brown rice. Then Trader Joe's spicy hot cocoa w/soy milk. Extremely satisfying!
ashleycharters likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#782 Old 12-22-2016, 10:17 AM

I'm making a big batch of vegan chili right now

Meat Free Athlete website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lifestyle Apparel & Jewelry:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube - Subscribe!:

Instagram:
#783 Old 12-22-2016, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Vegan tacos and Rice cream with Chocolate sauce and butterscotch sauce.
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#784 Old 12-22-2016, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

These little Portuguese "cornbread" cakes. They're actually made with potato, butternut squash, flour, sugar, and egg - substituted it with egg replacer. Dried fruits are usually added, but I prefer mine simple.

Not my pic. Just a pic from google.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broinhas_batata_doce_abobora06.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	15610  

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Last edited by jessandreia; 12-22-2016 at 10:42 PM.
#785 Old 12-24-2016, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Vegan chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, that's acceptable on Christmas Eve right? (I'm also making cinnamon buns for lunch )
Sidhuriel and Thalassa like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#786 Old 12-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Oryzatarian

Potato onion soup, a baked potato topped with peanut butter, a bowl of spinach dressed with a very spicy mustard vinaigrette, and 100% whole grain sourdough bread topped with pickled cabbage n carrots.
#787 Old 12-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Bandit

New favorite quick and basic vegan meal (or large snack):

One to two pieces of sourdough toast

One generous spoonful of regular hummus per toast

One or two cloves of chopped garlic sautéed in olive oil along with one or two handfuls of fresh kale

Put sautéed kale mixture on hummus toast. Salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#788 Old 12-26-2016, 02:35 AM
Peace

Yesterday's dinner was a vegan mushroom wellington, mashed potatoes, veggies and gravy.

And dessert was cranberry tart.

I had a nice breakfast today;
Fresh orange juice, whole wheat roll with lemony hummus, an apple and home made vegan baklava with a lot of green tea.

Tonight it will be roti, veggie massala, curry potatoes and green beans. Dessert will probably be more baklava or cranberry tart.

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels
#789 Old 12-26-2016, 01:32 PM

Amy's Chunky Vegetable soup.
#790 Old 01-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Bandit

Went to a local place and had falafel, eggplant salad, tahini, babagounosh, lettuce, tomato, cabbage, cucumber and olives piled up on a warm whole wheat pita, and since I had so many veggies I ate it like a Greek tostada, with a fork and knife, instead of like a sandwich.

Yummy!

Ingrid Newkirk
#791 Old 01-05-2017, 07:49 PM

Red face

A fake meat burger with ketchup (no bread) + a piece of celery.

Oh, well...
#792 Old 01-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Medjool dates for breakfast.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#793 Old 01-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Blackeyed peas and wild rice, with garlic, salt, and plant butter from Earth Balance, garnished liberally with sliced tomatoes.
Thalassa likes this.
#794 Old 01-07-2017, 04:10 PM

homemade Lentil Curry Soup - so yummy!
#795 Old 01-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Bandit

Chickpea salad w/Just Mayo, walnuts, raisins, s/p, and garlic on toasted cracked wheat sour dough with avacado slices.

Broccoli cooked with a little Earth Balance and sea salt.

Cranberry sauce for dessert (literally left over cranberries boiled with raw sugar and cooled...I made my Christmas cake two weeks ago, how on earth did they still look and taste so fresh?)

Ingrid Newkirk
#796 Old 01-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Oryzatarian

Pea stew cooked up in liquified frozen mustard greens with some oats added near the end to make it thicker, brown rice, mashed butternut squash n potatoes, steamed brussels sprouts, 1700's style wholemeal bread with pickled cabbage.
#797 Old 01-14-2017, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mashed potatoes with Tofurky gravy. Ultimate comfort food!

#798 Old 01-21-2017, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Cantaloupe chunks.

#799 Old 01-22-2017, 10:57 AM

Tofu and vegetable rainbow rolls with satay sauce, vegetable gyozas and sticky rice. It was amazing.
#800 Old 01-22-2017, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Vegan chocolate chip cookies and coconut milk salted caramel ice cream. It's that time of the month and I desperately needed sugar today...

#801 Old 01-22-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Vegan chocolate chip cookies and coconut milk salted caramel ice cream. It's that time of the month and I desperately needed sugar today...

Oh my goodness that sounds amazing! I'm practically drooling over here

I got a deal on organic baby carrots (Free with coupon! But I had to get two to make it work) and I'm not that big of a carrot fan. So I thought that it would be fun to try out one of those super simple potato and carrot vegan cheese recipes. I seriously chose the most simple one I could find, and used canned potatoes (because that's all I have) so i had pretty low expectations. Well...

OH MY GOSH! WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!?! It actually kind of tastes like a sharp cheddar cheese to me (a little). What is this magic?!? And I know there are far better recipes out there! I'm so excited to try them out now!
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Last edited by ashleycharters; 01-22-2017 at 04:50 PM.
#802 Old 01-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Part of me says, ignore it, don't anything if it's not nice.The other part remembers how I didn't like tofu because I kept trying it like others suggested.

That potato/carrot other stuff concoction to me is soooo bad. I've made it different ways because so many here just luiuuuuuvvvvv the stuff. I'm here to say it to warn others who may be new to vegan cheeze making that NO, you don't have to like this! It tastes like -carrots and potatoes, whether white or sweet. It may have nooch, and garlic and other stuff, but it tastes like vegetables.
So, my point is, there are many other ways to like vegan cheeze recipes. Don't despair if you don't like those.
Thank you

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#803 Old 01-22-2017, 04:48 PM

I didn't mean to step on any toes.
I certainly understand that not everyone has the same tastes that I do. I definitely do not have a "refined palate" by any means And there are some foods that everyone else seems to love that I can't stomach. So again, I didn't mean to step on any toes. And I'm sorry if I upset you.

(I edited my post to say that it tastes a little like cheese to me).

Last edited by ashleycharters; 01-22-2017 at 04:51 PM.
#804 Old 01-22-2017, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Nonononononononono!
Many, many people like that! I wish I did!

I just remember all the food vegans would talk about when I first tried to give up cheese. Cheese was my very favorite food! I tried avocado- which I remembered throwing up years back, but, it seemed to be so popular with vegans I thought maybe a fluke. I got really sick. Then I tried nutritional yeast, which I liked, on popcorn. I like it a lot NOW, but by itself I don't think it tastes cheesey.
Then there was making tofu like VB'ers said. Freeze it then press it, it's sooooo good! Yuck. I love tofu, but not after freezing, and rarely do I press. Oh and butternut squash. Everyone loves butternut squash. NOT

Sorry. Sometimes I worry people see all the healthy recipes and it dissuades them from thinking vegan is attainable. French fries and the realization that there are tons of choices help.

Not meaning to diss on the carrot potato cheeze. (yes i am...)

#805 Old 01-22-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Sorry. Sometimes I worry people see all the healthy recipes and it dissuades them from thinking vegan is attainable. French fries and the realization that there are tons of choices help.

Not meaning to diss on the carrot potato cheeze. (yes i am...)
I understand. Tempeh has been my big letdown so far. I was not prepared for the flavor of that first bite. Haha It is definitely not for me.

I also understand about the options. So far I have been mostly eating canned or frozen veggies and yummy frozen meat alternatives or cooked beans, pb and j sandwiches, etc (nothing too fancy), and just branching out when I have extra time and money to experiment. (And there have been MANY failed experiments, but also many successes).

I'm glad you brought that up. I definitely thought it would be a lot tougher to eat veg*n before I chose to try (and still get frustrated sometimes) but I'm mostly surprised and happy about what I can eat. I'm glad I didn't make you too mad

What's the last thing you ate?

Last edited by ashleycharters; 01-22-2017 at 06:09 PM.
#806 Old 01-22-2017, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

I had tempeh sausage patties for breakfast! LOL
With a slice of Daiya cheddar on an english muffin

Some people say steaming the seitan for like 5 minutes takes away the bitterness. I just rinse it now.
This is my recipe-
https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/40...sage-easy.html

Feel free to say yuck

#807 Old 01-24-2017, 04:07 AM

I actually just made vege burger made with kidney beans, salad and homemade hummus, with some free toasted gluten free bread http://www.fantasticfreebies.co.uk/f...-bread-sample/ its really good!
Thalassa likes this.

Last edited by nevergiveup; 01-24-2017 at 04:17 AM.
#808 Old 01-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Bandit

One of the newer Clif bars, a chocolate one with peanut butter filling. So yummy!

Ingrid Newkirk
#809 Old 01-28-2017, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Banana custard! Yum yum yum.
Alpro does the nicest custard ever.
#810 Old 01-28-2017, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Vegan spinach and artichoke dip, corn fritters with chipotle mayo, deep fried cauliflower, a cronut and many other vegan goodies at Meet on Main here in Vancouver. It was a feast!
Spudulika likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page