What are you eating next week? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone else have a big cooking session at the weekend to make sure they have some yummy stuff in the fridge for the next week? If I'm not working I love to spend Sunday in the kitchen. This weekend I have made the following to see me through:

Cashew-cream, broccoli and spinach quiche

Mustardy potato salad

Chandra malai kofta with rice

Nut, seed and oat bread

Marbled banana and chocolate loaf

Cinnamon-walnut granola

Big tub of fruit salad

Seitan (to make jerk seitan later in the week at a friends house)

If I have time later, I might make some hummus. There is already lots of bean and seitan chilli in the freezer that I can top some baked potatoes with too. 

What are you making this weekend?

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I am making penne arrabiatta tonight, I had a couple of requests from my roomies smiley.gif I have been eating fresh fruits and veggies through the day and dinner is a super quick cooked meal. Ah, but Sundays I love making something special that I can take my time creating .... nooch your menu sounds yummy! smiley.gif
#3 Old 02-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Mine is relatively boring.  I just made a huge batch of black bean and veggie soup for lunches for the work week and also a big batch of winter squash as a lunch side for the week at work.  I added cayenne and red pepper flakes to the soup to make it spicy and extra warm since this week is going to be brutally cold.  

Nooch, your stuff sounds wonderful!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm eating food next week, but I don't know what, yet. :cool:

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#5 Old 02-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Oh Nooch that sounds wonderful!

That list kinda took me down a notch--I'm making a huge pot of hot-sour soup I'm really proud of! It's got carrots, baby bok choy, tofu, sprouts, and since the fresh bamboo shoots were only sold in big quantities I tried a bag of soy marinated shoots. They taste really good, but are coated in veg oil. All in a mushroom ginger garlic braggs chili broth!

I also made some delicious  patties with okara and oats and some gluten to bind with a bunch of spices. They're gone already!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#6 Old 02-24-2014, 03:58 AM

I like to make casseroles and pizzas, or a big container of nut-cheese or other tasty dips to eat with bread-like things throughout the week.

I tend to lean quite heavily on my blender.

But I don't have enough refrigerator space to store a whole week's worth of food, so I cook every couple days.

#7 Old 02-24-2014, 06:11 AM
Banned

My 'big batches' tend to just be soup and seitan which then go in the freezer *is boring*

When I make pasta or rice dishes I do enough for two days and keep it in the fridge.  I haven't mastered the art of making a sensible amount of coleslaw so that lasts me at least 4 days!  Anything else is mainly cooked/prepared fresh.

#8 Old 02-24-2014, 08:27 AM

I had made a wonderful vegan stew a few days ago, which will be going into my freezer later today. I love to make huge batches of soups or stews, eat it for a few days, and freeze the rest for when I'm in the mood again.

I'm on a HUGE (homemade) ramen kick ATM, and this will be my first time making vegan ramen. I'm so excited! I'm also going to be picking up the ingredients to make tofu summer rolls, and vegetable stir fry. Other than that, I'm not sure.

#9 Old 02-24-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyShort View Post

I'm on a HUGE (homemade) ramen kick ATM, and this will be my first time making vegan ramen. I'm so excited! I'm also going to be picking up the ingredients to make tofu summer rolls, and vegetable stir fry. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Home made ramen? ^_^  Sounds great!  

Please post pictures when it's done, if you can.

I haven't done a lot of bulk pasta making, but that sounds like a great thing to prepare on the weekends for eating during the week.

#10 Old 02-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Some delicious-sounding meals going on! We are lucky in that we have two fridges so plenty of room to store containers of food (though bf sometimes complains that I'm taking too much space in his beer fridge). I get really hungry at work so once I'm home and have walked Max again its good to have something to reheat or that can be pulled together quickly. Planning a big cook up also helps me to write the shopping list so I am more likely to only buy what we need. I'm working this weekend so Monday will be cooking day, plus some omni friends to impress that evening...

:bobo: 

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page