8 Restaurants You Never Knew Had Veg Options - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Read the list here: http://www.mfablog.org/2014/01/8-restaurants-you-never-knew-had-veg-options.html

These are some really helpful ideas for going out to eat with friends or grabbing a quick meal when you're on the go. smiley.gif
Argosy likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-30-2014, 12:23 PM

Good post. I would only add on that I suppose one can find veggie food at most restaurants and fast food chains nowadays.

#3 Old 01-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argosy View Post

Good post. I would only add on that I suppose one can find veggie food at most restaurants and fast food chains nowadays.

Yeah, it seems to vary depending on where you live but most places are getting pretty good about having something meatless at least. I know in my city there's almost always a veggie burger on the menu at restaurants and some even have vegan options but it depends, there are some older diners where all I can get is fries and a side salad but it's better than nothing.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-30-2014, 06:53 PM

Nice, I love to see education that shows people how easy it is today.

I'm sure you've heard about the veto vote concept?

It's the idea that a group of friends going out to eat will often include a vegetarian, and when they discuss which restaurant to go to, the vegetarian gets to veto ones that have no options for them.

So, offering something for vegetarians, even if they're not a large portion of the market, brings you more other business too.

I know I've experienced that.  When going out with omni friends they'll always try to figure out somewhere I can eat first- and it usually ends up being somewhere with a good salad-bar style environment, which lets you pick and choose without a fuss.

Of course, I also get them to all go to vegan restaurants sometimes.  Muwahaha! :devil:

#5 Old 01-30-2014, 07:36 PM

What I wanted to say is I don't normally go to Boston Market but have, I think you can get vegetables, mixed and they have a dished, "creamed Spinach" I believe.

Then the chicken outfit, Popeye's,  they have red beans and rice, a Lousiana favorite so if it keeps out of reach of the chicken, there is that. Although I would prefer say brown or wild rice, red beans and rice is a widely popular dish and I concur, it's somewhat satisfying.

There's also some sort of chain of Pasta restuarants, I forget it's exact name but I'm rather sure they are vegetarian friendly and can probably cook up non-white pastas as well. Good food, it's just not where I go anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page