What are you preserving? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular

A silly little thread idea for anyone else out there like me who loves to makes, jams, chutneys and the like. What have you made this year? Do you grow your own, pick the local hedgerows, or chummy up to your friends and colleagues with bigger gardens than you? I do all three :D

In the last month or so I have made:

Indian spiced marrow chutney

Chilli-tomato-marrow chutney

Cherry jam

Cherry and apple jam

Damson, blackberry and apple jam

Victoria plum jam

Sloe gin

Damson gin

Plum gin

Spicy plum dipping sauce

There are also a load of plums, cherries and blackberries in the freezer. Hopefully next year my raspberries, black, red and white currants and gooseberries will have settled in and produced more fruit too.

Does anyone else spend their days off hovering over a pot of simmering preserves?!

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I started canning for the first time ever this year.  I have pickled beets, tomato sauce, and refrigerator pickles (from cucumber).  All the produce is from my own vegan garden.  I have so many cucumbers it's overwhelming.  Ditto with beets.  I haven't tried jams yet but my mother in law showed me  how to make that.  One of these days when I get some time.  Nooch your preserves look wonderful!  me wants some.  :)

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page