Lazy dude's thought - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-01-2013, 05:22 AM

I had an idea and i'm wondering if its any dangerous to have maybe one or two (if one doesnt fulfill the nutritional needs) lists of what exactly to eat in this day and eat exactly that everyday. If two lists, one each day. I'm trying to make some decent lists with Excel but as I just started I don't have anything. I would, surely eat other stuff, but only eventually. I heard variation is the key, but why would it be? What do you think of that?

Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I think it's possible to get everything you need from one or two food plans but you would have to exercise a lot of caution and make sure you're getting everything you need. I wouldn't recommend it without a doctor's approval first.

This guy actually came up with a meal replacement shake to eliminate the need to eat real food altogether, he calls it Soylent and if it works the results could be interesting: http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/rob-rhinehart-interview-soylent-never-eat-again

Maybe if it catches on you could just buy a few cases of that instead! The ultimate lazy dude's meal. tongue3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 10-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Banned

Eat potatoes, it is possible to survive and even thrive on just potatoes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvourmother View Post

Eat potatoes, it is possible to survive and even thrive on just potatoes.

This is true. Make potatoes your staple, compliment with whatever fruits and veggies you like for variety's sake. It really doesn't have to be any more complicated than this.

#5 Old 10-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

mmmmm potatoes I use them in recipes that call for beans! Breakfast ~ potato n onion hash browns
Lunch ~ potato soup served warm or cold simple recipes call for potato and leeks ....
Dinner ~ potato pancakes yummy with a side of apple sauce.... I love potatoes ha! smiley.gif
#6 Old 10-02-2013, 10:15 AM

I'll try to make something with potatoes then! If I end up with something useful I'll share here.

BTW, I read it somewhere that the soylent's guy uses whey as protein...

#7 Old 10-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Soylent is very interesting! More than lab meat IMO.

I looked it up and find the version released as of 6/20/2013 is vegan:

Soylent v.8 alpha ingredients

Changes from v.7 bolded

Maltodextrin (carbs)
Oat Powder (carbs, fiber, protein, fat)
Rice Protein 
Medium chain triglycerides (fat) 
Potassium Gluconate 
Salt (sodium) 
Magnesium Gluconate 
Monosodium Phosphate 
Calcium Carbonate 
Methylsulfonylmethane (Sulfur) 
Creatine 
Powdered Soy Lecithin 
Choline Bitartrate 
Ferrous Gluconate (Iron)

This post is an update to our previous ingredients post.

Please note that the above list includes the major ingredients of Soylent, and Soylent contains some vitamins and minerals that are not listed above.

I don't see how using animals could be either cost effective or environmental anyway.

Actually, wouldn't the word whey be correct for either the liquid from making curds from milk OR from making curds in tofu? I recall the recipe I used for tofu called it whey-the liquid that remained after the coagulant. 

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page