Going to Knoxville....need help w/veg selections! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-09-2003, 02:34 PM

Hey there, hi there, ho there.....ok I know I'm a dork.

I'm heading to Knoxville next week, I'll be with a bunch of non-veggies, any ideas on places we can all eat, without going to some, as they may call it, some weird*ss hippy sh*t place. Their potential words, not mine.

Need some help people!!!

Thanks bunches!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-09-2003, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, if your a dork, think of how I feel, I'm goggligork!!!

Not meaning to take the p!$$ but beware of Jonny Knoxville in case he's taken his name too much to heart! (heck maybe he is from Knoxville). [Just spoofing you]. Sorry I can't help, but I'm in the UK as you know.
#3 Old 04-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Administrator

I'm pretty sure Joe is from that area. If he doesn't see this thread you might want to send him a pm.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-09-2003, 03:40 PM

Ok, thanks! I'll wait a few days see if I get anything. I've checked the different veggie type restaurant things like happycow and whatnot. I was hoping for more 'normal' restaurants that maybe people knew of that they eat out with friends that aren't very veg friendly. I'm going with a bunch of guys and mainly bowlers at that. Not even sure they know what broccoli is.

I basically want options I can find at places they'd eat. And such.

Thanks!!!
#5 Old 04-11-2003, 02:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I think Joe is in a suburb of Nashville, as am I. I don't talk like that, so maybe you know these people and that is how they talk. I actually have only driven through Knoxville. There are veggie options, I'm sure. I think they have a J. Alexanders, they have great salads and a veggie burger to die for but I don't know if it's vegan. (Haven't been there in a while.) TGI Fridays has a grilled veggie sandwich, just ask for it without the cheese. If I think of anything else I will post it.
#6 Old 04-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Banned

oh..definitely check out Sunspot. my totally non veg friend took me there last time i was in town and i had some amazing indian couscous dish. it's a very eclectic place. they have a lot of vegan options too. an awsome vegan cesar salad dressing, by the way...

anyway, non veg people should be more than happy eating at that place. they have a good local beer from seiverville too . there's a bar there too so if the guys are typical guys they may be happy with that. good service and damn good food. i was impressed...but yeah, i'd check that place out.

its more or less downtown..but i can't give specific directions. sorry!
#7 Old 04-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by veganchick

I think Joe is in a suburb of Nashville, as am I.

Hi, nice to "meet" you.

PM me or e-mail me with the details of where you live, if you want, and let me know if you want to be kept apprized of EarthSave Nashville events or related veg events.

I live in the community and postal zone of Brentwood, but I am not actually in the township of Brentwood. I live in Davidson County(Nashville), but about 200 yards from the county line.

I live about one mile east of I-65/Old Hickory Boulevard Exit.
#8 Old 04-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

I'm pretty sure Joe is from that area.

Ho ho ho. Same state, but Knoxville is about 180 miles away.

Knoxville is served by the East Tennessee Vegetarian Society, which is the only other secular, general vegetarian group in the state--i.e., other than EarthSave Nashville.

They have a webpage here:

http://www.korrnet.org/etvs/

with a restaurant guide here:

http://www.korrnet.org/etvs/vegdininginknox.html

Note the contact person at the bottom of the restaurants page.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page