Deluxe Ovens (whoa!) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-08-2004, 02:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm shopping for an oven. I need one for when I move into my house. I was floored by some of the options available out there for home equipment.

Here is the Maytag double-oven (with smooth cooktop - dual choice elements). You can cook in both ovens at different temps.

$1,299.99 (bestbuy.com)

ITEM DETAILS FROM BESTBUY.COM

CLOSEUP PICTURE

The model exactly like the one above except with one oven is $599.99

I'm wondering if it's worth $700.00 more to get the extra oven? Personally - I don't know that I'd use it THAT much.

Then I found the Whirlpool Polara Refrigerated Range. The idea is you put your meal in on refrigeration mode - it stay cool until the program switches to cook mode.......and voila!! your food is ready when you get home from work (how cool is that??)

UNIT DETAILS FROM BESTBUY.COM

CLOSE UP PICTURE

It's $1,499.99

Comparable oven fromt the same company (without refrigeration) is about $750.00. So again ..... about $700 for the convenience of refrigeration to oven capabilities.

I'm probably not going to get either of these, but if I HAD to choose - I think I'd go for the refrigerated model. I could see myself using that. (though I'd get a good warranty - sounds like something that would break often).

It's fun to see what's out there though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-08-2004, 03:24 AM
Veggie Regular

"I'm wondering if it's worth $700.00 more to get the extra oven? Personally - I don't know that I'd use it THAT much."

I wouldn't pay the extra for that.

an oven with refridgeration : people are nuts.

The extra's don't justify the amount they cost.

Have you considered second hand equipment ?

(can save you a lot of bucks)
#3 Old 04-08-2004, 03:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm moving, and I've got two second hand refrigerators, a gas stove with oven and a washing machine. All for free.

A gas stove with an oven would do less than $100.00 and it works as well as a new one.

For a couple of hundred bucks, I don't care that my stove is 70's brown.

The 70's brown is ok, I dislike the 70's pale green, but would go for that also.

I would accept 70's orange too, but I think it is quite a statement in the kitchen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-08-2004, 03:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Refrigerator ovens? My oh my!

I don't see why a vegan would ever need that. Someone who eats chicken maybe... but a vegan?
#5 Old 04-08-2004, 05:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Casseroles baby

Nah, I might every well end up getting some used stuff. There is a long list of things I have to buy including a riding mower
#6 Old 04-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I honestly would be afraid that I'd run late or something and my house would burn down. Add in one of those security systems with smoke detectors that alert the fire department :P

Cool concept though. I'd be happy if my oven could just maintain temperature for seven minutes

http://megatarian.blogspot.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page