Ask Burger King for a VEGAN veggie burger (that can be enjoyed by us all!) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Beginner

I was reading a thread online and joked that we should all write to Burger King telling them to switch their veggie burger from vegetarian to vegan. I actually think this is a good idea. While they probably aren't the best company in the world to support, it's always good to have food options while on-the-go, and getting vegan food in the main stream is never bad.

I know that online petitions often are cast aside, but the petition for subway to make vegan options had a huge part of subway testing out vegan products in a few locations. Plus, I feel petitions for things like this are one of the best ways they can be successful. If enough people say "I'd buy that!" then a company will eventually say "I'll make that!"
So..I started this one online. I know the subway one was off the COK website, and therefore got more attention..but I figured it's worth a shot. Maybe if we can get enough signatures, BK will realize this would be a smart business move because they will have vegetarian and vegan buyers. Businesses will do a lot if it means more sales of a product!

So I would appreciate you guys signing and of course sharing. And let me know any suggestions on the wording of the petition, it's just something short and sweet I wrote together quickly.

I am prepared to print and mail off the petition to multiple "big wigs" at BK if we get a significant amount of supporters.

Anyway, here's the link:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-29-2012, 02:30 AM
Beginner

signed :]

#3 Old 07-29-2012, 08:32 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Sounds awesome ^_____________^   I signed. Maybe when subway finally gives us the vegan options nationwide burger king might be more open to change?

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Signed, thanks for the link! smiley.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 07-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

hehe good. I actually really like the subway vegan patty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the blog I write. It's mostly about food. Some healthy. Some junky. All vegan.

#6 Old 07-29-2012, 04:53 PM

Thanks!! I think now that more people are starting to look for healthier options more food places are starting to offer new things. The more people ask the greater the chance we get more options. I for one am tired of going out with friends and getting the oh i guess you are having a salad huh. Or having to beg them to stop at the grocery store so I can get some fruit bowls and stuff.

#7 Old 07-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Beginner

I understand folks are vegan for various reasons, but the two most important reasons personally are limiting the damaging effects of industrial farming (stock feed) and protecting fair trade. Therefore, I'm not going to sign this petition because Burger King will likely do the bare minimum to keep PETA vegans at bay.

"Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves." (Lord Byron)

#8 Old 07-29-2012, 08:23 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmitch View Post

I understand folks are vegan for various reasons, but the two most important reasons personally are limiting the damaging effects of industrial farming (stock feed) and protecting fair trade. Therefore, I'm not going to sign this petition because Burger King will likely do the bare minimum to keep PETA vegans at bay.

You don't have to be a Peta vegan to consider the animal ethics of it =3 All of those things you mentioned are important though and it's great to be aware of those things.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#9 Old 07-30-2012, 05:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Signed! :)

#10 Old 07-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

You don't have to be a Peta vegan to consider the animal ethics of it =3 All of those things you mentioned are important though and it's great to be aware of those things.

It's not like I'm apathetic to the issue; I am also concerned with the welfare of all living things. I just think Burger King is going to give an inch when the fast food industry should be giving a mile. There are various fast food chains with vegan options, but just because something is labeled vegan doesn't constitute it as a responsible choice. 

"Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves." (Lord Byron)

#11 Old 07-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Signed!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#12 Old 08-05-2012, 04:32 PM
adapt. evolve. become

Signed. I would love to have the option of having a vegan burger if vegan food is limited to where I am, like if I'm in another state.

All we are is dust in the wind

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page