VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   General Food Discussions (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/21-general-food-discussions/)
-   -   Ask Burger King for a VEGAN veggie burger (that can be enjoyed by us all!) (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/21-general-food-discussions/136763-ask-burger-king-vegan-veggie-burger-can-enjoyed-us-all.html)

vegan724 07-28-2012 09:33 PM

I was reading a thread online and joked that we should all write to Burger King telling them to switch their veggie burger from vegetarian to vegan. I actually think this is a good idea. While they probably aren't the best company in the world to support, it's always good to have food options while on-the-go, and getting vegan food in the main stream is never bad.

I know that online petitions often are cast aside, but the petition for subway to make vegan options had a huge part of subway testing out vegan products in a few locations. Plus, I feel petitions for things like this are one of the best ways they can be successful. If enough people say "I'd buy that!" then a company will eventually say "I'll make that!"
So..I started this one online. I know the subway one was off the COK website, and therefore got more attention..but I figured it's worth a shot. Maybe if we can get enough signatures, BK will realize this would be a smart business move because they will have vegetarian and vegan buyers. Businesses will do a lot if it means more sales of a product!

So I would appreciate you guys signing and of course sharing. And let me know any suggestions on the wording of the petition, it's just something short and sweet I wrote together quickly.

I am prepared to print and mail off the petition to multiple "big wigs" at BK if we get a significant amount of supporters.

Anyway, here's the link:

alfalfa sprout 07-29-2012 03:30 AM

signed :]

4everaspirit 07-29-2012 09:32 AM

Sounds awesome ^_____________^   I signed. Maybe when subway finally gives us the vegan options nationwide burger king might be more open to change?

Werewolf Girl 07-29-2012 10:21 AM

Signed, thanks for the link! smiley.gif

vMaryv 07-29-2012 04:29 PM

hehe good. I actually really like the subway vegan patty.

VeganRunnerNSC 07-29-2012 05:53 PM

Thanks!! I think now that more people are starting to look for healthier options more food places are starting to offer new things. The more people ask the greater the chance we get more options. I for one am tired of going out with friends and getting the oh i guess you are having a salad huh. Or having to beg them to stop at the grocery store so I can get some fruit bowls and stuff.

veganmitch 07-29-2012 07:59 PM

I understand folks are vegan for various reasons, but the two most important reasons personally are limiting the damaging effects of industrial farming (stock feed) and protecting fair trade. Therefore, I'm not going to sign this petition because Burger King will likely do the bare minimum to keep PETA vegans at bay.

4everaspirit 07-29-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmitch View Post

I understand folks are vegan for various reasons, but the two most important reasons personally are limiting the damaging effects of industrial farming (stock feed) and protecting fair trade. Therefore, I'm not going to sign this petition because Burger King will likely do the bare minimum to keep PETA vegans at bay.

You don't have to be a Peta vegan to consider the animal ethics of it =3 All of those things you mentioned are important though and it's great to be aware of those things.

azerea_02 07-30-2012 06:17 AM

Signed! :)

veganmitch 07-30-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

You don't have to be a Peta vegan to consider the animal ethics of it =3 All of those things you mentioned are important though and it's great to be aware of those things.

It's not like I'm apathetic to the issue; I am also concerned with the welfare of all living things. I just think Burger King is going to give an inch when the fast food industry should be giving a mile. There are various fast food chains with vegan options, but just because something is labeled vegan doesn't constitute it as a responsible choice. 

SuicideBlonde 07-30-2012 02:56 PM

Signed!

Pirate Huntress 08-05-2012 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Signed. I would love to have the option of having a vegan burger if vegan food is limited to where I am, like if I'm in another state.