I'm craving chocolate!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-31-2004, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

What do you do when the cravings strike?

I usually just eat vegan chocolate chips out of the bag... or sometimes I'll make this super-easy and quick chocolate cake:

3 cups unbleached allpurpose flour

2 cups turbaino (or other unrefined vegan sugar)

1/2 cup cocoa powder

2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 tbsp vinegar (distilled white)

2 cups cold water

2 tsp vanilla

2/3 cup oil (or can be replaced with mashed bananas for a fat-free option)

2 cups chocolate chips or walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350º F. Mix the dry ingredients together in large bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix until well blended. Add chocolate chips or walnuts and mix just until evenly distributed. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-31-2004, 04:04 PM
Veggie Regular

petas vegan brownies, you cant say anything bad about their recipes
#3 Old 03-31-2004, 04:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Well we usually don't have any chocolate in the house, and if we do it's always not vegan, so I just eat every other sweet thing in the house until my mom comes home with some veggie chocolate chips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Gotta love the chocolate chips! Ghirardelli semi-sweet...mmmm. Hey, reylea, I use pretty much the same cake recipe as you!

You know what else is really good? Get a dollop of peanut butter on your finger and stick a bunch of chocolate chips in it - then proceed to lick your finger to bits Yum!
#5 Old 03-31-2004, 07:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Send my boyfriend to the food co-op after his Aikido class to get me a Tropical Source bar.

He should be back around 10 pm.
#6 Old 03-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Banned

Tropical Source bars are great. I like the almond ones. I rarely eat them, though, because of the high calorie count.

I used to crave chocolate a lot, but now I usually just want strawberries and peaches, my favorite snack!
#7 Old 03-31-2004, 08:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh yes, peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwiches are also fun
#8 Old 04-01-2004, 01:10 AM

Chocolate Cake

This is the one I make all of the time

Mark and I love chocolate

and PB so this cake is perfect

use whatever sweeteners that you like

In the frostiing, use powdered sugar

that is vegan and in the cake whatever

sugar you like

http://www.vegsource.com/talk/recipe...ges/87970.html
#9 Old 04-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana View Post

Gotta love the chocolate chips! Ghirardelli semi-sweet...mmmm. Hey, reylea, I use pretty much the same cake recipe as you!

You know what else is really good? Get a dollop of peanut butter on your finger and stick a bunch of chocolate chips in it - then proceed to lick your finger to bits Yum!

MMM, my favorite snack! I like to put the chocolate chips in a layer in a cupcake thing, then layer peanut butter over and top it with more chocolate chips. Then I microwave it for like 2 minutes, swirl the PB and CC when they come out, pop 'em in the freezer and in half an hour i've got frozen PB cups!
#10 Old 04-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieB26 View Post

MMM, my favorite snack! I like to put the chocolate chips in a layer in a cupcake thing, then layer peanut butter over and top it with more chocolate chips. Then I microwave it for like 2 minutes, swirl the PB and CC when they come out, pop 'em in the freezer and in half an hour i've got frozen PB cups!

so ok, what took you so long to spit out such a genius recipe????
#11 Old 04-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Melt peanut butter in the microwave and pour it over vegan "ice cream" with chocolate fudge sauce, YUM! its the best thing in the world.
#12 Old 04-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieB26 View Post

I like to put the chocolate chips in a layer in a cupcake thing, then layer peanut butter over and top it with more chocolate chips. Then I microwave it for like 2 minutes, swirl the PB and CC when they come out, pop 'em in the freezer and in half an hour i've got frozen PB cups!

Aw man, we just ran out of chocolate chips and now I wanna try some of that!!! *sigh* I really need to stop reading this thread when I really don't have a chocolate craving...this only induces one
#13 Old 04-02-2004, 01:09 AM
Veggie Regular

If we have no chocolate in the house, I make chocolate frosting and eat a bowl of that!...Few massive teaspoons of icing sugar, massive teaspoon of cocoa powder and it's just as good!
#14 Old 04-04-2004, 04:39 PM

No bake chocolate oatmeal cookies:

Mix 2c sugar w/3 tablespoons cocoa powder in a saucepan. Add (non-dairy)milk - maybe 1/2 cup? (enough to make it syrupy). Add 1 stick of margarine (about 1/2 c I think), melt marg., then bring to a boil.

Boil for 3 minutes, remove from heat and add a dash of vanilla and around 3c. of uncooked oats.

Let sit for a few minutes and..yum!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#15 Old 04-04-2004, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I had a Chocolate Brownie Clif bar the other day, and it was very chocolate-y and delicious!!
#16 Old 04-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I bought i piece of chocy cake today and it was one of the nicest i've tasted..... and it was vegan!! I got it from my HFS, it's a cafe too. Mmmm the chocolatey, buttery icing!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page