Daiya Cheese - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

So I was in NYC last week and took advantage of the time to getting some things at Whole Foods that we don't find here (in Switzerland). I came across the Daiya cheese and remembered reading a lot of good things about it. So I got some. I just made some simple grilled cheese sandwiches (which I haven't had in about 2years) and that stuff is INSANE! It seriously tastes exactly like I remembered!!! popcorn.gif

PS. Also, those raw kale chips are incredible! If we had kale here I would totally buy a dehydrator to make them!

My Blog - chaletbakery.wordpress.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-21-2012, 03:05 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

I know! Isn't it good? I eat it right out of the bag sometimes >__>

I tried Kale chips at a vegfest....omg, they would make the perfect snack to anything. They are crunchy and well, lol I dunno, but they are good.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#3 Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I know! It's like 'ew kale chips' then you have some and you are hooked!!! I was telling everyone about them today and they all looked at me like I was mad ahahah. They don't know what they are missing.

I am dying to try the mozzarella Daiya on a pizza...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

I love Daiya and kale chips! grin.gif

I like Daiya best in grilled cheese, on pizza or on nachos. I like it the most when it's super crispy.

Apparently other people do too, I found a 'recipe' for Daiya cheese crisps where you just put globs of it on a baking sheet and bake them until they get brown and crispy. That sounds sooo greasy but I know it's delicious, whenever I heat up pizza in my toaster oven little Daiya bits end up cooking on their own and they always taste awesome drool.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Veggie Regular

That sounds awesome!

It's great because I didn't actually miss cheese these past two years. But I must say that it is good to have some variety. Definitely a major plus when you are talking to non vegans about awesome vegan food!

#6 Old 06-22-2012, 02:45 AM

I tried Daiya a couple of times and thought it was good. But I never finished the second bag. Seemed like I was eating fat just to eat fat.

I guess it's a good thing to feed to omnis at a party.

#7 Old 06-22-2012, 02:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Yea now that I am used to no dairy I wouldn't eat it everyday. But a few times a month maybe.

Anybody know how they get the flavor? It's free of a ton of things and seems rather 'healthy' so I can't understand how it can resemble cheese so much!

#8 Old 06-22-2012, 05:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I also spotted Daiya at Sprouts but at 5$ a pack didn't buy any because of the price.

They add the flavour via natural aromes. You can buy cheese and butter aromes on-line. They really do taste like the real thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page