What food to have for baby shower? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Veggie Regular

So my baby shower will be held at my own house thrown by my mother, so i will be making it vegetarian food since well it is about me right? lol But i have no idea what to have for food, should i make a ton of something, are there vegetarian places that cater? I would expect at least 40 people to be here, and my family is Italian, so i will need a lot of something lol, not so sure i could even cook as much as i will need if i wanted to, which i know at 8 months i won't want to be cooking all day, i need help! technically my mom is supposed to be in charge of all this, but i tend to micromanage so oh well, i do want to make sure i'm able to eat of course.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Here is one article about a vegan baby shower: http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=2339&catId=5

First, congrats!

Here's another article, geared for lacto-ovo vegetarians rather than vegans: http://www.parentdish.com/2010/09/20/baby-shower-food/

Personally, I like the ideas but I would veganize the dishes.

And another article: http://baby-shower-food-ideas.info/vegan-baby-shower-food/

Most baby showers I have been to have had food but the event was not primarily about food. It was usually set at a time where snacks were more appropriate than an entire meal. However, there is almost always cake. Cupcakes are still popular now and they're easy to do vegan (or buy vegan).

If your family is Italian than I think a simple veggie pasta dish makes a lot of sense as the main food item. If you just give your mom a recipe I'm sure she could do it. Or you could order it and have it catered/delivered. Italian food is often very easy to make vegetarian or vegan. I mean, the vegetarian lasagne is even so common that it's cliche! But for omnis who are scared or worried about veg food, a vegetarian lasagne is a perfect easy introduction to the veg lifestyle. It's satisfying and nonthreatening. And most grocery stores carry it in the frozen foods section so if you don't want to make it from scratch you don't have to (although, it's going to be much better if you make it yourself and you can also make it vegan instead of loading it with cheese).

Most caterers can handle vegetarian requests. Many can even do vegan. Just ask.

And lots of restaurants can prepare large portions for take-out that you can serve at home. Just let them know in advance what you want and how you want it.

Have fun!

#3 Old 06-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the ideas and links smiley.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page