Healthy, tasty snacks that require no refrigeration or cooking - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Veggie Regular

As I've mentioned in passing, I'm currently living in a dorm in Moscow for two months. I do not have access to a refrigerator or a stove. I am often hungry between and after meals, probably because the vegetarian food available to me here is not very protein-rich. I need some suggestions for things I could possibly keep in my room to munch on.  

So far, I keep around peanut butter (so lucky to find this!), a bananas, some bread, honey.

All I have in the way of utensils is a plate, a fork, a knife, a spoon, and a glass.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Pickles? Shouldn't find them tricky to source where you are.

Vegetable broth powder?

Do you have access to an electric kettle? Then at least a broth based soup in a mug is warming and filling with bread.

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#3 Old 06-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I would stock up on cans of soup.  They're pretty good at room temperature too.  Or if you can't find a can opener, I guess boxes of soup are probably better anyway :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Veggie Regular

It's also worth remembering that most things don't really *need* to be in a fridge to stay OK - especially if you eat them up within a few days. Cheese will get a bit sweaty and may be less pleasant, but won't go 'off' as such. Nothing at all will happen to margarine. Pickles certainly won't go off (I love munching on pickles). Olives might be worth a thought too. If you can get spready stuff in tubes, that should be fine too (tomato puree, cheese spread, yeast pate)

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#5 Old 06-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Trail mix of any kind might be a good idea.

Obviously lots of protein and yummy, healthy ingredients.

"Ugliness, if given a powerful voice, can be beautiful."

-Martha Graham

#6 Old 06-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Beginner

I keep triscuit crackers work good i munch on them at work. Granola bars rice cakes work good too. I keep snacks in my purse so i always keep things that dont spoil. Oh and nuts too.

Life isn't about forgetting or tuning out. It's about learning to live with and accept your worst mistakes. They are what make us all, even the gods, human. ~ Acheron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page