Spinach and Cream Cheese Crepes with Mushroom Saucehttps://www.veggieboards.com/pics/sho...cat=500&page=1
1 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley/coriander/little basil/1tsp dried mixed herbs)
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing and frying
1 cup soy milk
3 tsp egg replacer
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp cornflour
salt and pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
450g spinach, cooked and drained
Juice of 1 lemon
3-4 med shallots, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 med potatoes, peeled, steamed and cubed
2/3 cup tofutti cream cheese
2 tsp egg replacer
2 tbsp shredded fresh basil (or other herb)
salt and pepper
1 tbsp vegetarian gravy mix (or flour)
1 tbsp dairy-free spread (or oil)
3 cups sliced mushrooms
1 tbsp sherry or sake
1-2 cups milk
1. Blend crepe ingredients in a bowl, mixing well. Add extra milk is necessary till creamy consistency. Leave for 30 minutes. Add more milk if necessary, stirring again. Blend in food processor until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly greased pan. Pour in one-eight of the batter. Cook for 2 min, turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes more. Slide the crepe out of the pan. Make seven more crepes.
3. Stir fry mushrooms in for a few minutes on high heat. Remove. Mix flour and dairy-free spread in saucepan over stove on low heat for a few minutes. Gradually add milk and stir sauce as it thickens for several minutes. Add sherry/sake. Add shallots. Add mushrooms to sauce, continuing to stir. Adjust liquid till consistency is thick.
4. Filling ingredients lightly fry onion, and then add spinach, lemon and garlic. Gently fry for a couple of minutes. Remove and mix into bowl with other filling ingredients, gently folding through.
5. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas5. Place one crepe at a time on an oiled baking sheet; add a few spoonfuls of filling in each crepe, rolls and place in greased oven pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Reheat the sauce and serve (with salad on the side is desired).