Visual Food Diary Recipes - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-23-2004, 10:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope you don't mind me starting a whole thread to myself! A few people have asked about some the the food pictures I've posted, so I thought it might be easier to have them all in the one place
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey, that's a great idea! Post away!
#3 Old 03-24-2004, 02:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Spinach and Cream Cheese Crepes with Mushroom Sauce

https://www.veggieboards.com/pics/sho...cat=500&page=1

SERVES 4

1 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley/coriander/little basil/1tsp dried mixed herbs)

1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing and frying

1 cup soy milk

3 tsp egg replacer

1 cup plain flour

1/2 tsp paprika

1 tbsp cornflour

salt and pepper

FILLING

1 onion, finely chopped

450g spinach, cooked and drained

Juice of 1 lemon

3-4 med shallots, finely sliced

1 clove garlic, finely chopped

2 med potatoes, peeled, steamed and cubed

2/3 cup tofutti cream cheese

2 tsp egg replacer

2 tbsp shredded fresh basil (or other herb)

salt and pepper

SAUCE

1 tbsp vegetarian gravy mix (or flour)

1 tbsp dairy-free spread (or oil)

3 cups sliced mushrooms

1 tbsp sherry or sake

1-2 cups milk

1. Blend crepe ingredients in a bowl, mixing well. Add extra milk is necessary till creamy consistency. Leave for 30 minutes. Add more milk if necessary, stirring again. Blend in food processor until smooth.

2. Heat a lightly greased pan. Pour in one-eight of the batter. Cook for 2 min, turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes more. Slide the crepe out of the pan. Make seven more crepes.

3. Stir fry mushrooms in for a few minutes on high heat. Remove. Mix flour and dairy-free spread in saucepan over stove on low heat for a few minutes. Gradually add milk and stir sauce as it thickens for several minutes. Add sherry/sake. Add shallots. Add mushrooms to sauce, continuing to stir. Adjust liquid till consistency is thick.

4. Filling ingredients lightly fry onion, and then add spinach, lemon and garlic. Gently fry for a couple of minutes. Remove and mix into bowl with other filling ingredients, gently folding through.

5. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas5. Place one crepe at a time on an oiled baking sheet; add a few spoonfuls of filling in each crepe, rolls and place in greased oven pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Reheat the sauce and serve (with salad on the side is desired).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page