What toppings do you like on your pizza? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Recently I've been eating Papa John's pizza with no cheese. Their toppings aren't great though; just artichokes, olives, mushrooms. I don't care for onions and peppers because it's a waste of money for a topping. I add broccoli to the pie at home. Is there anything else I could add to make it more filling? What do you like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I will grill mushrooms and peppers. Onions, garlic, and sriratcha sauce or pesto as an alternate to plain tomato sauce. I love olives as a topping, too...Broccoli on pizza, I'm gonna have to give that a try.

ETA: Also zucchini slices, tomato slices, garlic and basil, and perhaps cauliflower, as well. Never tried the cauliflower, but if you like broccoli, perhaps cauliflower will be good, too...

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#3 Old 02-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Pineapple.

Everything else is nice and all, but pineapple is what will make or break my pizza experience.

"[-]But caging them, killing them, eating them was unthinkable. We were creatures of the same world."
-Animorphs, #18

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Refried beans.
#5 Old 02-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Tomato, olives, jalapeños, notzarella (aussie vegan cheese).
#6 Old 02-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm B Free View Post

Their toppings aren't great though; just artichokes, olives, mushrooms. I don't care for onions and peppers because it's a waste of money for a topping. I add broccoli to the pie at home. Is there anything else I could add to make it more filling? What do you like?

Artichokes, olives, and mushrooms are some of my favorite things to put on pizza Normally I have a vegan pizza with Daiya mozzarella, artichoke hearts and kalamata olives. But if you're looking for other ingredients, you could have sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, roasted garlic, a little basil... and if you're looking for something more filling, you could add veggie ground or sliced veggie sausages. Or maybe some kind of Southwestern pizza, with veggie chicken strips, vegan ranch dressing, green peppers and onions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

Pineapple.

Absolutely. I think it would be really good with vegan pepperoni. Although I'm hoping to find something better than the Yves pizza pepperoni slices.
#7 Old 02-11-2012, 01:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Can you make your own pizza? I find that homemade pizza with a whole wheat crust is more filling. I make mine half whole wheat, but I use white wheat flour, so it doesn't seem like whole wheat. My favorite toppings are Yves pepperoni and black olive or mushroom. I use half a pound of Creminis.
#8 Old 02-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

Can you make your own pizza? I find that homemade pizza with a whole wheat crust is more filling. I make mine half whole wheat, but I use white wheat flour, so it doesn't seem like whole wheat. My favorite toppings are Yves pepperoni and black olive or mushroom. I use half a pound of Creminis.

Yes, it is easy peasy.
I make my own dough using either spelt or kamut flour. My favourite topping is Napolitain; tomato coulis and vegan mozarella, black olives with a sprinkle of origano. Delicious.
#9 Old 02-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Veggie Regular

After discovering the Make your Own pizza place at ASDA, Its great to get cheeseless pizza...14 inch costs £4...with 4 toppings included..
I get Onions, peppers,pineapple and mushrooms...and garlic oil
If I was making my own at home Id have,mushrooms, onions, garlic and spinach...my absolute favourate pizza topping is spinach...
#10 Old 02-11-2012, 03:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Jalapenos and pineapple with sweetcorn.
#11 Old 02-11-2012, 04:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

Pineapple.

Everything else is nice and all, but pineapple is what will make or break my pizza experience.

I too am a pineapple fanatic.

With typical restaurant pizza, the cheese is all it really has going for it. They're using cheap dough and crappy toppings..

When I make it at home, different story. Homemade dough, homemade tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, green olives, as much garlic as I can handle, and yes, a ****load of pineapple, maybe some Yves meatless pepperoni if I feel like splurging. If the toppings are good, the cheese isn't necessary.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." Bruce Lee.

"On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

#12 Old 02-11-2012, 04:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Tomatoes, vegusto melty cheese and the vegusto cheese wich is already liquid ( forgot the name of this one ), some paprika and garlic, NO mushrooms ^^
and some herbs, whatever i have under hand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#13 Old 02-11-2012, 05:13 AM
Veggie Regular

PINEAPPLE. Pineapple & sweetcorn.

Or I really like garlic, pesto, spinach...anything like that. Generally lots & lots vegetables & peppers, as long as they're still pretty crunchy.

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.
#14 Old 02-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Roasted peppers, mushrooms, aubergines, courgettes, herbs de Provence, ground black pepper, drizzle of balsamic vinegar, rocket and drizzle of chilli olive oil.
#15 Old 02-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Bah, just because you keep talking about it, I'm going to make my own cheeseless pizza tomorrow.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#16 Old 02-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Anyone for potato topping ?
#17 Old 02-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Putting fries on pizza?

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#18 Old 02-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Mushrooms, garlic and onions (sauteed first), crushed tomatoes, black olives and Daiya Cheese (combo of mozzarella and cheddar).
#19 Old 02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Putting fries on pizza?

I didn't say fries but potatoes.

http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&rl...potato%20pizza
#20 Old 02-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Wild mushrooms with truffle oil and chilli oil on top. Had that last week. It was amazing.

the blog I write. It's mostly about food. Some healthy. Some junky. All vegan.

#21 Old 02-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Putting fries on pizza?

This actually sounds weirdly good to me. But I love chips and would probably eat them with/ on almost anything!
#22 Old 02-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Impeach the gangster

Sliced zucchini.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#23 Old 02-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I like a good "meat lovers" pizza. Some vegan pepperoni, Gimme lean sausage, and some veggie bacon.
Also taco pizza...corn meal crust, salsa sauce, taco meat, daiya blend, and topped with shredded lettuce after baking

No gods, No masters, No woo, No whey! Ⓥ
Read my blog and be skeptical not susceptible
http://skepticalvegan.wordpress.com/
#24 Old 02-11-2012, 10:28 PM
The prowling wolf

Just organic buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil makes the perfect pizza for me

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
#25 Old 02-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Banned

deleted

#26 Old 02-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Ret
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

I didn't say fries but potatoes.

http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&rl...potato%20pizza

i was skeptical.. but those images look pretty epic.. like scalloped potato pizza

I usually do whatever veggies are on hand with home made dough and marinera. i think my favorite so far was broccoli with shredded hickory tofurkey slices.

^ half of a remaining half pineapple and half veggie sausage pizza- and toes in background
#27 Old 02-12-2012, 11:16 AM

I love spinach, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms on pizza, and any pizza tastes good if it has jalapeño peppers on it. Another favorite is aubergine.

"All good things are wild and free." -Henry David Thoreau
#28 Old 02-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Banned

deleted
#29 Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 AM

I love mushrooms on pizza, and pineapple as well when I am in the mood. The last time I had a pizza party, I made a roasted veggie pizza, topped with roasted eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic. I used hummus as the sauce, instead of something tomato based.

Taco pizza is an excellent variation as well, using taco sauce as the base, and putting your favorite taco toppings on top.
#30 Old 02-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Veggie Regular

mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, spinach, garlic, tomatoes, olives

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page