VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   General Food Discussions (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/21-general-food-discussions/)
-   -   What toppings do you like on your pizza? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/21-general-food-discussions/133187-what-toppings-do-you-like-your-pizza.html)

Rhythm B Free 02-11-2012 12:01 AM

Recently I've been eating Papa John's pizza with no cheese. Their toppings aren't great though; just artichokes, olives, mushrooms. I don't care for onions and peppers because it's a waste of money for a topping. I add broccoli to the pie at home. Is there anything else I could add to make it more filling? What do you like?

Purp 02-11-2012 12:28 AM

I will grill mushrooms and peppers. Onions, garlic, and sriratcha sauce or pesto as an alternate to plain tomato sauce. I love olives as a topping, too...Broccoli on pizza, I'm gonna have to give that a try.

ETA: Also zucchini slices, tomato slices, garlic and basil, and perhaps cauliflower, as well. Never tried the cauliflower, but if you like broccoli, perhaps cauliflower will be good, too...

Bright Bird 02-11-2012 12:38 AM

Pineapple.

Everything else is nice and all, but pineapple is what will make or break my pizza experience.

Forster 02-11-2012 12:55 AM

Refried beans.

stasher 02-11-2012 01:01 AM

Tomato, olives, jalapeños, notzarella (aussie vegan cheese).

anonanimal 02-11-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm B Free View Post

Their toppings aren't great though; just artichokes, olives, mushrooms. I don't care for onions and peppers because it's a waste of money for a topping. I add broccoli to the pie at home. Is there anything else I could add to make it more filling? What do you like?

Artichokes, olives, and mushrooms are some of my favorite things to put on pizza Normally I have a vegan pizza with Daiya mozzarella, artichoke hearts and kalamata olives. But if you're looking for other ingredients, you could have sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, roasted garlic, a little basil... and if you're looking for something more filling, you could add veggie ground or sliced veggie sausages. Or maybe some kind of Southwestern pizza, with veggie chicken strips, vegan ranch dressing, green peppers and onions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

Pineapple.

Absolutely. I think it would be really good with vegan pepperoni. Although I'm hoping to find something better than the Yves pizza pepperoni slices.

delicioso 02-11-2012 01:35 AM

Can you make your own pizza? I find that homemade pizza with a whole wheat crust is more filling. I make mine half whole wheat, but I use white wheat flour, so it doesn't seem like whole wheat. My favorite toppings are Yves pepperoni and black olive or mushroom. I use half a pound of Creminis.

Shyvas 02-11-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

Can you make your own pizza? I find that homemade pizza with a whole wheat crust is more filling. I make mine half whole wheat, but I use white wheat flour, so it doesn't seem like whole wheat. My favorite toppings are Yves pepperoni and black olive or mushroom. I use half a pound of Creminis.

Yes, it is easy peasy.
I make my own dough using either spelt or kamut flour. My favourite topping is Napolitain; tomato coulis and vegan mozarella, black olives with a sprinkle of origano. Delicious.

.Goth-Alice. 02-11-2012 03:33 AM

After discovering the Make your Own pizza place at ASDA, Its great to get cheeseless pizza...14 inch costs £4...with 4 toppings included..
I get Onions, peppers,pineapple and mushrooms...and garlic oil
If I was making my own at home Id have,mushrooms, onions, garlic and spinach...my absolute favourate pizza topping is spinach...

Pixie 02-11-2012 03:39 AM

Jalapenos and pineapple with sweetcorn.

nomad888 02-11-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

Pineapple.

Everything else is nice and all, but pineapple is what will make or break my pizza experience.

I too am a pineapple fanatic.

With typical restaurant pizza, the cheese is all it really has going for it. They're using cheap dough and crappy toppings..

When I make it at home, different story. Homemade dough, homemade tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, green olives, as much garlic as I can handle, and yes, a ****load of pineapple, maybe some Yves meatless pepperoni if I feel like splurging. If the toppings are good, the cheese isn't necessary.

vegan cyberpunk 02-11-2012 04:49 AM

Tomatoes, vegusto melty cheese and the vegusto cheese wich is already liquid ( forgot the name of this one ), some paprika and garlic, NO mushrooms ^^
and some herbs, whatever i have under hand.

rags. 02-11-2012 05:13 AM

PINEAPPLE. Pineapple & sweetcorn.

Or I really like garlic, pesto, spinach...anything like that. Generally lots & lots vegetables & peppers, as long as they're still pretty crunchy.

lucky_charm 02-11-2012 06:11 AM

Roasted peppers, mushrooms, aubergines, courgettes, herbs de Provence, ground black pepper, drizzle of balsamic vinegar, rocket and drizzle of chilli olive oil.

Envy 02-11-2012 06:39 AM

Bah, just because you keep talking about it, I'm going to make my own cheeseless pizza tomorrow.

Shyvas 02-11-2012 07:10 AM

Anyone for potato topping ?

Envy 02-11-2012 07:25 AM

Putting fries on pizza?

karenlovessnow 02-11-2012 07:29 AM

Mushrooms, garlic and onions (sauteed first), crushed tomatoes, black olives and Daiya Cheese (combo of mozzarella and cheddar).

Shyvas 02-11-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Putting fries on pizza?

I didn't say fries but potatoes.

http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&rl...potato%20pizza

vMaryv 02-11-2012 11:53 AM

Wild mushrooms with truffle oil and chilli oil on top. Had that last week. It was amazing.

lucky_charm 02-11-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Putting fries on pizza?

This actually sounds weirdly good to me. But I love chips and would probably eat them with/ on almost anything!

Capstan 02-11-2012 01:22 PM

Sliced zucchini.

SkepticalVegan 02-11-2012 05:36 PM

I like a good "meat lovers" pizza. Some vegan pepperoni, Gimme lean sausage, and some veggie bacon.
Also taco pizza...corn meal crust, salsa sauce, taco meat, daiya blend, and topped with shredded lettuce after baking

Windigo 02-11-2012 10:28 PM

Just organic buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil makes the perfect pizza for me

Beetlejuice 02-11-2012 11:05 PM

deleted

Ret 02-11-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

I didn't say fries but potatoes.

http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&rl...potato%20pizza

i was skeptical.. but those images look pretty epic.. like scalloped potato pizza

I usually do whatever veggies are on hand with home made dough and marinera. i think my favorite so far was broccoli with shredded hickory tofurkey slices.

^ half of a remaining half pineapple and half veggie sausage pizza- and toes in background

Lilyit 02-12-2012 11:16 AM

I love spinach, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms on pizza, and any pizza tastes good if it has jalapeño peppers on it. Another favorite is aubergine.

Beetlejuice 02-12-2012 11:27 AM

deleted

GingerFoxx 02-12-2012 11:45 AM

I love mushrooms on pizza, and pineapple as well when I am in the mood. The last time I had a pizza party, I made a roasted veggie pizza, topped with roasted eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic. I used hummus as the sauce, instead of something tomato based.

Taco pizza is an excellent variation as well, using taco sauce as the base, and putting your favorite taco toppings on top.

zirpkatze 02-12-2012 11:48 AM

mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, spinach, garlic, tomatoes, olives