Daiya Cheese - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Beginner

First, let me tell you how much Whole Foods in Princeton NJ sucks about keeping their Daiya Cheese in stock. Everytime I go there its always sold out. Because I make pizza at least once a week, I need more than one bag. I heard there are a handful of websites that sell it in wholesale sizes. My only speculation is, it is only good for 10 days after being opened. Has anyone froze their cheese to keep it fresh or is that a bad idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I keep mine in the freezer, never had any issues doing that.

I always wonder about people who say they "love" animals, but continue to eat meat. If that's your idea of love, I question what sort of twisted world view you must have.

#3 Old 09-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Totally freeze it...it keeps really well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

I always put half in a ziploc in the freezer. I have used Daiya that had been in the fridge for 2 weeks and it seemed fine, though I can't recommend that!
I try to use within a week.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#5 Old 09-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I find that it starts to mold really quickly in the fridge - like, within a week of opening! So imma try it in the freezer next time fosho
#6 Old 09-17-2011, 05:33 PM

Really? I've kept mine in the fridge for at least 2 weeks after opening and it is perfectly fine! No problems at all. I do freeze Follow Your Heart though. I've had no problems at all with Daiya molding or anything; I wrap it up really well after opening. I usually roll the bag up tight and put a rubber band around it, and then in a ziplock bag.

Please vote for my vegan scholarship essay. Please! It might just bring more vegans into the world.
http://www.wyzant.com/scholarships/v2/essay18789-Highland-IN.aspx
#7 Old 09-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Beginner

I love you all
#8 Old 09-18-2011, 07:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I didn't know that it freezes well. Next time I'm at whole foods, I'm gonna stock up.
#9 Old 09-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

I didn't know that it freezes well. Next time I'm at whole foods, I'm gonna stock up.

I'm a hoarder. When Judgement Day comes, I'm gonna have plenty of Daiya in the freezer!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#10 Old 09-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Whenever Daiya goes on sale, I buy a case of it and save an extra 10%. Right now I have 2 cases in my freezer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page