Funny that you posted this, I have banana bread (in cupcake form) in the oven right now. It's not low GI, but you can modify it. This is the recipe
I used, but I modified it:
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/4 cup cinnamon applesauce
1 cup sugar (1/4 c extra if your bananas aren't black enough)
3 bananas, blackened
2 egg equivalent Ener-G
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tsp vinegar (mix and let sit for 5 minutes before adding)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chip (or chopped regular chips)
1. Cream margarine and sugar (by hand or mixer).
2. Mash bananas and add by hand to creamed mixture along with applesauce.
3. By hand add Ener-G, vanilla, baking soda, flour and salt. Mix.
4. Gently stir in milk mixture and chocolate chips.2 options:
5. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350°F for 1 1/4 hour or until it tests done with a toothpick.OR:
5. Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pan with papers. Fill 3/4 of the way and bake until done, about 25-35 minutes.
(From author of recipe) **Even though the recipe says it makes 1 loaf, I usually use 2 loaf pans or 3 mini loaf pans because it seems to yield a moister bread.
I had to guess on the cook time of the cupcake sized bread. In my oven, 30 minutes worked well with my first batch.