VeggieBoards banner

Veganaise Vs. Nayonaise

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  bad 
#1 ·
I know that a lot of people on here are in love with Veganaise, and I would love to try it, but I've never seen it around here. I was wondering, how does Nayonaise compare? Does it taste like Mayonaise or is it really vinegar-y?

#2 ·
I really hated it, lol. I also hated one of "Hain's" vegan mayos. Vegenaise is the best so far and second best would be homemade. Trader Joe's had a good one, but I think they discontinued it and have replaced it with a different one that's lousy; so I stick with vegenaise or my own

#5 ·
Hmm...I have always eaten Miracle Whip and never Hellman's, so maybe I would like Nayonaise...does it have a strong vinegar taste? I have tried a couple of other eggless mayonaises and they have all had a thinner consistency and a strong vinegar taste...

#14 ·
bad, your posts are absolutely irritating.

Nayonaise is tofu based, kind of plain, and has a tofuish aftertaste. I don't mind the dijon flavor one so much, and it's not too bad in pasta and potato salads. I don't care for it on sandwiches however.

Vegenaise is canola oil based and has a delicious taste but is much higher in fat and calories. It's delicious though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.