How many people eat a consistent diet? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I just realized I don't eat a consistent diet. I eat a wide variety of foods and each week it changes. I do this so I don't get bored and I constantly get urges to try different recipes I find. I'm curious how many people plan their diet each week or just go with the flow?

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm always trying new recipes....I was on a Vegan with a Vengance kick, now I"m on her Veganomicon book....love trying new recipes all of the time, and love to cook. I have a few, quick standbys that I can make on the run, but generally, we have new stuff in the menu all of the time. It's even hard remembering where a recipe is or what website or blog it came from.

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
#3 Old 07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I eat some of the same things fairly consistently just because they're tasty and easy to make. I have some variant on tacos and pizza almost every week. I also eat cereal and toast pretty consistently as snacks. Other than that, though, my diet is pretty up in the air, just whatever I feel like or whatever new recipe I want to try.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Veggie Regular

i do.

The Big Bad.
#5 Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Ankle Biter

I am somewhat consistent within seasons. I am in the tomato season right now, and am eating at least one every day (preferably between two slices of whole wheat bread, slathered with vegenaise, and with about 6 fresh basil leaves chopped and sprinkled between the tomato slices). We were just in the strawberry season, and the blueberry season is just getting started. The corn season is right around the corner and coincides with the tomato season, which is wonderful. In the fall, I lean toward squash, beets and pasta; in the Winter I eat a lot of beans and soups (and cookies!); and in the spring I crave greens, asparagus and risotto. But summer is my favorite eating season.

Photojess, you must get Vegan Brunch - it's the best so far! The broccoli quiche is a favorite!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#6 Old 07-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I try to eat as varied as possible to be honest. Before I went vegetarian I ate almost the same thing every day (same thing at work and same thing for dinner). I've always liked to cook but since going veg I've grown to LOVE it. I'm all about making things from scratch as far down as I can (like making my own mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc). There are so many wonderful things out there to work with and I don't want to miss any of it! Of course if I'm having days when I'm not feeling well or too tired to whip something fabulous up I have the old standbys, like just toasting up some couscous with herbs or something. I like to be adventurous with food though!

--Kate
Life is around you and in you.
#7 Old 07-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Mine's fairly consistent with the only variation being what types of fruits I have available to eat. Generally, at any given time I'll have a few varieties of dried beans, hummus, almond milk, tortillas, spinach, tomatoes, bananas, apples, pears, strawberries & other fruits. That is pretty much what the regular grocery purchases consist of even though I do eat a wide variety of other foods, just less frequently.
#8 Old 07-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Beginner

Mines pretty much consitstent... I eat essentially the same each day, but lunch and dinner usally differs
#9 Old 07-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Veggie Regular

I fluctuate a lot. I'll get into ruts of eating the same few dishes for weeks. That's almost always when my husband is gone. When he's home I make something different every night for dinner and we'll go a month or two without eating the same thing once. Breakfast is pretty similar every day, just fresh fruit or smoothies made from fresh fruit and greens. Lunches depend on what I have for leftovers or if I feel like eating more fruit or salads or something instead.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#10 Old 07-21-2010, 12:58 AM
Beginner

I ate nuts all day yesterday...I am quite consistent. Well, maybe I just need to go shopping.
#11 Old 07-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy' date='20 July 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1279684552' post='2676626 View Post

I am somewhat consistent within seasons. I am in the tomato season right now, and am eating at least one every day (preferably between two slices of whole wheat bread, slathered with vegenaise, and with about 6 fresh basil leaves chopped and sprinkled between the tomato slices). We were just in the strawberry season, and the blueberry season is just getting started. The corn season is right around the corner and coincides with the tomato season, which is wonderful. In the fall, I lean toward squash, beets and pasta; in the Winter I eat a lot of beans and soups (and cookies!); and in the spring I crave greens, asparagus and risotto. But summer is my favorite eating season.

Photojess, you must get Vegan Brunch - it's the best so far! The broccoli quiche is a favorite!

Good to know! Thanks! If it has silken tofu, I may not like it though....I seriously can't get past tofu, no matter how I make it, but I love her style, her writing and her recipes....Blueberry picking next week when my sister gets here from NM. I'd like to get my hands on raspberries, but fresh picked is $7 a quart-yikes!

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
#12 Old 07-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Veggie Regular

No. Mine changes with seasons and what I want at the time. I do highly recommend and approve of monomealing, though, for optimal digestion.
#13 Old 07-21-2010, 12:26 PM

I try to switch my diet up from time to time, but it's mostly consistent.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein
#14 Old 07-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Even when I've bought a bunch of different things, I keep going back to the same old lunch. I just not very exciting. LOL

Atame.
#15 Old 07-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I go through phases. I'll get on a kick of one dish, or a few dishes and rotate them in and out. In September I made Dahl about 7 times. I haven't made Dahl in months now. I've been making rice pasta with smoked tofu this week. Next week it'll be something different. I get a lot of variety, but I will eat quite a few of the same meals in a 2 week period as I'm using up groceries.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page