Feed the freezer-meals? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-26-2010, 06:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Cooking for the freezer saves both time and money, so wouldn`t it be great to have a thread here with tips and ideas about what recipes/meals we use to feed the freezer with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Veggie Regular

it's a great idea, but our food gets eaten within one to two days as left overs! What do you put in the freezer?

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
#3 Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I make cornbread in big batches & freeze (they reheat very nicely!), various flavored muffins, mini-lentil loaves, brown rice (since it takes an hour to cook, make lots at one time freeze in 1 cup portions --to reheat, add a few droops of water to moisten it back up), all kind of beans freeze well too once they are cooked..

These are just a few that I make, along with other things whenever I have lots of leftovers. It really does save TONS of time during the week!!

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Veggie Regular

this is a great idea!

http://haylieskitchen.blogspot.com/ (married to an omni so cooking from both spectrums)
#5 Old 05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually always have different kinds of beans in the freezer, like borlotti, black, kidney, chickpeas etc. But I`m not very good at freezing meals, YK?

Lasagne would be a good one, I think.

Spaghettisauce, too.

Chilli.

I would love to freeze the blackbean balls from Veganomicon, but I`m not sure they would freeze well?
#6 Old 05-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Beginner

My freezer's really full, anytime I make soup, curry, chilli, bean burgers etc I make a big batch and freeze it in portions. Also flatbread dough and pastry ready to be thawed and rolled.
#7 Old 05-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I make soups, bean burgers, muffins, banana bread, chili in large batches and then freeze. So nice for lunches especially.
#8 Old 05-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I made a huge batch of baked ziti last week, and froze individual portions. It froze beautifully.Looking forward to hearing more great ideas.
#9 Old 05-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I like to make lots of bean and rice burritos and freeze them, so I can have a really quick healthy snack, breakfast, lunch or dinner with about 2.5 mins in the mircrowave.

I also tend to freeze rice and dahl.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#10 Old 05-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Recipe, please?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page