Good vegan/vegetarian cereals - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Im looking for new vegan/vegetarian cereals that i can add to our pantry (my hubby is eating a lot of cereal right now, and i actually eat a small amount just about daily lol.. im a cereal addict right now)

TIA

http://haylieskitchen.blogspot.com/ (married to an omni so cooking from both spectrums)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Beginner

Reese's peanut butter puffs! Haha, those are super delicious and addicting.

But aside from that, Nature's Path has a good line of some vegan cereals I have enjoyed.
#3 Old 05-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Veggie Regular

My favorites are Kashi and/or YOGI cereals.. or Bare Naked granola..

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Veggie Regular

It's kinda spendy ($6 a box where I am) but Food For Life Ezekial 4:9 Golden Flax is my favorite morning cereal. They've also got it in almond, raisin, and original varieties. I also love Mom's Best shredded wheat. Both completely vegan.

It really depends on your taste though. I have really "plain" taste you could say, nothing sugary/sweet. If you do like the sugary/sweet cereals though, really read the ingredients list. A lot of them have gelatin, especially the frosted varieties.
#5 Old 05-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Working days it's hot scottish oats with flax and dried cranberries, or shredded wheat and almond milk. I like sweet cereals just plain. Aldis Millville brand has a lot of sweetened cereals that are vegan, my fave is the one like Reeses, I also like the apple cinnamon oats.

I think Corn Pops are vegan-?

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#6 Old 05-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quaker Maple Oatmeal Squares are dee-lish!

And Raisin Bran is my go-to cereal.
#7 Old 05-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Veggie Regular

thanks everyone! i am more of a plainy type myself but my DH is a sugar junky! you have been a ton of help!

http://haylieskitchen.blogspot.com/ (married to an omni so cooking from both spectrums)
#8 Old 05-12-2010, 07:45 PM

I love love love the Kashi Autumn Harvest. It's kinda like shredded wheat, but with a touch of sweetness, so it's way better. I just found a ginormous box of it yesterday at Big Lots for $6! I'm more like you in that I like more plain cereals, and my fiancee is like your hubby with the sugar. But we both like it.
#9 Old 05-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Some favorites I get my boyfriend are Peace Cereal Maple Pecan http://www.peacecereal.com/products/products.aspx#USA

Nature's Path Hemp Plus granola http://www.naturespath.com/products/...=All&nutri=All
#10 Old 05-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Sugary...

EnviroKids Organics has SUPER CUTE cereal boxes. Peanut Butter Panda Puffs. Chocolate Koala Crisp. Leaping Lemurs Chocolate ad Peanut Butter swirl. Gorilla Munch. They also have "normal", non-childlish ones. The full list is here.

And Annie's Homegrown has bunny cereal (oh so cute!). All but one are vegan. I think they sell them online, too. *checks* Yep. Here.

(Can you tell I'm such a [strike]kid[/strike] small child inside? This upcoming August is going to be rough.)

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#11 Old 05-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Veggie Regular

wow thanks! I was wondering if envirokids was veg*n. You all rock, plain and simple.. i figure if its not sweet enough he'll add sugar anyhow.. (that man puts it away like no tomorrow! at least we kicked his pepsi habit to the curb... sorta)

#12 Old 05-13-2010, 08:27 PM

Fruit Loops!!
#13 Old 05-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Beginner

Oh I totally want to try Peanut Butter Panda Puffs and Chocolate Koala Crisp! I hope they go on sale or something, lol.
#14 Old 05-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Just a heads-up...

I emailed Kellogg's a while back to inquire about the "vegan-ness" of all of their cereals. The representative informed me that due to the unpredictable sourcing of Vitamin D at production time, only three of their cereals could ever truly be considered vegan 100% of the time. These three cereals are Special K Red Berries, Special K Protein Plus, and Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size.

The Vitamin D is occasionally Vitamin D3 derived from lanolin (sheep's wool). So, unfortunately, Froot Loops and Raisin Bran (and the other Kellogg's cereals listed on PETA's "accidentally vegan" list) are NOT veg*n.

I like the Special K cereals, but they both have high fructose corn syrup in them. Sadly, I can't afford the organic cereals, so I try to steer clear of HFCS in everything else I eat.
#15 Old 05-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkiller View Post

Just a heads-up...

I emailed Kellogg's a while back to inquire about the "vegan-ness" of all of their cereals. The representative informed me that due to the unpredictable sourcing of Vitamin D at production time, only three of their cereals could ever truly be considered vegan 100% of the time. These three cereals are Special K Red Berries, Special K Protein Plus, and Mini-Wheats Unfrosted Bite Size.

The Vitamin D is occasionally Vitamin D3 derived from lanolin (sheep's wool). So, unfortunately, Froot Loops and Raisin Bran (and the other Kellogg's cereals listed on PETA's "accidentally vegan" list) are NOT veg*n.

I like the Special K cereals, but they both have high fructose corn syrup in them. Sadly, I can't afford the organic cereals, so I try to steer clear of HFCS in everything else I eat.

Thank you for such important information!
#16 Old 05-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sharon View Post

Oh I totally want to try Peanut Butter Panda Puffs and Chocolate Koala Crisp! I hope they go on sale or something, lol.

Not sure where you are from but my local Aldi stores just starting carrying them this week for cheap!! It's a "special buy" so I'm not sure how long exactly they will be around. They were around $2 something or maybe a little less.
#17 Old 05-17-2010, 12:31 AM
Banned

Fruity pebbles, really? sounds good.

i have been on a cereal binge lately. i never used to eat cereal, because i really didn't like milk. why i didn't try soy milk earlier is beyond me. i love cheerios. i think that is the junkiest food i eat because it is so processed. everyone makes fun of me because i either have a bad of trail mix or a bag of cheerios in my purse at all times. just in case.

Victorinox knives for kitchen
#18 Old 05-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

wow great! (or not but insiteful none the less)

#19 Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Not sure where you are from but my local Aldi stores just starting carrying them this week for cheap!! It's a "special buy" so I'm not sure how long exactly they will be around. They were around $2 something or maybe a little less.

I'm in Canada. And that is one killer deal you got there - the boxes are from 5/6 dollars and up at the grocery stores where I am. It is very expensive to me.
#20 Old 05-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular

How close are you to the states and is it possible (obviously i have no clue on this) to get it across the boarder? it goes on sale here in washington quite often....

#21 Old 05-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Nature's Path Optimum Banana Almond. The. Best. Cereal. EVER!
#22 Old 05-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkiller

Just a heads-up...

Thanks for the info. I only buy store-brand cereals (except for the Quaker Oatmeal Squares) so I will definitely try to find out from where the Vit. D is coming from in the ones I buy.
#23 Old 05-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Beanitarian

I make my own with rolled oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruit coated with a small amount of oil and baked.

Beanitarian.
#24 Old 05-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post

I make my own with rolled oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruit coated with a small amount of oil and baked.

i think i will be doing much of this very soon - YUM

#25 Old 05-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Veggie Regular

the hubbs and I like the Kashi Autumn Wheat and my fav is the VAnilla Island (LOVE IT!) , with vanilla soy milk.

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page