Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

oops...I forgot to mention vegan. sorry

I haven't tried it, but I did a yahoo search and found this:

http://www.vegancoach.com/vegan-brea...fast-casserole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Does anyone have a recipe for breakfast casserole that does not contain eggs OR tofu, but contains hash browns or some sort?
#33 Old 03-28-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Does anyone have a recipe for breakfast casserole that does not contain eggs OR tofu, but contains hash browns or some sort?

Just off the top of my head, what about a recipe like the one I found below. Instead of tofu, put in potatos? You can fry the potatos first in a pan before adding them to the mix

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/break...anburrito1.htm

Also, does anyone have a recipe for meatless meatballs or a veggie loaf? I tried store bought veggieballs, and they were disgusting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachykeen View Post

Also, does anyone have a recipe for meatless meatballs or a veggie loaf? I tried store bought veggieballs, and they were disgusting

Thanks

I do! Do you like lentils? This is my favorite loaf recipe ever, easy to veganize:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Really-Goo...f-really-33921

(I use Ener-G, add celery and saute it with the onion before adding to the loaf, use half BBQ sauce and half spaghetti sauce, and soy cheese would work great) I heard some people like bean balls, let me see if I can find a recipe.
#35 Old 03-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

There is a recipe for beanballs in Veganomicon, can't find it online though. Haven't tried them personally, but people seemed to like them on Flickr. I have yet to find a really good recipe with faux meat.
#36 Old 03-28-2010, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the lentil loaf recipe, it looks great! I guess I can use that recipe to make it into balls to make veggie balls. I avoid faux meats from the store now, except for this one brand called Health and Wealth. I love their chicken free patties, they sell them at King Kullen and natural food stores. http://www.healthiswealthfoods.com/ They have products for all types of eaters, from vegan to omnis.
#37 Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachykeen View Post

I tried store bought veggieballs, and they were disgusting

Have you tried Nate's mushroom flavored meatballs?
#38 Old 03-28-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempeh-Tantrums View Post

That's actually one I can point you to.

Go to the Teese Vegan Cheese Challange page: HERE and the artichoke recipe is about 1/2 way down the page, by Tofu and Sprouts. The cool thing is you can make this without the "Teese" cheese too and it's still very good, I don't think it actually NEEDS the teese cheese. Just use more vegan sour cream or cream cheese or whatever.

Thank you. I checked it out and I am supposed to be bringing a dip and a salad to an event this week. I am going to do what you suggested and use more vegan sour cream or some vegan cream cheese.
#39 Old 03-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks, Mr, Falafel and Heather! Looks good. I'm thinking Easter brunch.
#40 Old 03-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Banned

Anyone have a good recipe for hot chocolate with pieces of chicken in it? I haven't had it in the longest time. I love the taste of hot chocolate made with real rich creamy milk, with small pieces of lean chicken floating in it. Mmmmmmm!
#41 Old 03-29-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicious View Post

Have you tried Nate's mushroom flavored meatballs?

No I haven't actually, where do they sell them? I like mushrooms
#42 Old 03-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm looking for a recipe for Sri Lankan curry. I was in London in November 2008 and went to an awesome veggie place in Covent Garden called Food For Thought. They did a gorgeous Sri Lankan curry with cauliflower and bananas in it, with lovely brown rice. i want to recreate it as best I can, but have no idea how to go about it, and none of the recipes I've seen online seem quite right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page