best grocery stores in your area - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-18-2010, 10:21 AM

I'm so proud of the grocery store in my area. Their vegan/veggie section has litterly trippled lately. I can now one stop shop. It's great. They don't always have everything so you need to stock up when they do have it but it's usually pretty good. The prices are pretty resonalbe too! Are we allowed to mention the name and locations of the best grocery stores in our areas??

I think it would help others that are still looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Huntsville, Alabama:

- Kroger (South Parkway) < best assortment of tofus, mock meats, etc...anywhere in town

- Fresh Market
#3 Old 02-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I love Wegman's... open 24 hours, great selection, good prices...Whenever I'm away from one I get so sad. I've decided to not live any where that doesn't have a Wegman's within a 15 mile radius.

Pinterest: AquaLoveBird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know ....I like produce markets with cheap produce. You can usually Google one in your area.
#5 Old 02-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Here in the Tacoma, Washington area we have many great markets.

Metropolitan Market

Tacoma Boys

Saar's

Trader Joe's

There are two exclusively vegan stores in the area. Sidecar for Pig's Peace in Seattle, and Food Fight! in Portland, Oregon. I love both.

and lots and lots of Farmer's Markets.

My Vegan Food Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 Old 02-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindaloo View Post

Here in the Tacoma, Washington area we have many great markets.

Metropolitan Market

Tacoma Boys

Saar's

Trader Joe's

There are two exclusively vegan stores in the area. Sidecar for Pig's Peace in Seattle, and Food Fight! in Portland, Oregon. I love both.

and lots and lots of Farmer's Markets.

What they said ^^^

What about Marlenes? Do you shop there? I like their selection of vegan and vegetarian items, though really with TJ's and Metr. Market, you have everything you need!
#7 Old 02-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempeh-Tantrums View Post

What they said ^^^

What about Marlenes? Do you shop there? I like their selection of vegan and vegetarian items, though really with TJ's and Metr. Market, you have everything you need!

*smacks forehead* I forgot Marlene's! I go there fairly often for the off-beat items like nutritional yeast and odd bulk grains and such. Marlene's is

My Vegan Food Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#8 Old 02-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, I wish we had a Trader Joes close by! I'd have to drive almost 2 hours to get to one.. =/

So I shop mostly at Food Lion near by, they have a BIG area of organic produce & veg*n foods now! Yay!

Or I go to Harris Teeter, which is more expensive, but they run amazing specials on organic foods alot.. so I'm there for the sales almost every week!

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
#9 Old 02-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Kroger and Trader Joe's are my main two. We have a couple of Whole Foods but we're not rich enough to shop there.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#10 Old 02-18-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

Kroger and Trader Joe's are my main two. We have a couple of Whole Foods but we're not rich enough to shop there.

Dominicks is my fave store.....but I go where the best sale/coupon deal is

I go to the Whole Foods about four times a year and and I am not rich....I match coupons and sales like I do everywhere else
#11 Old 02-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-anti-fur View Post

Dominicks is my fave store.....but I go where the best sale/coupon deal is

I go to the Whole Foods about four times a year and and I am not rich....I match coupons and sales like I do everywhere else

I don't have your coupon diligence.

But I do occasionally stop in for an uncommon item I can't find elsewhere. (nutritional yeast, for example.)

I was mainly talking about people who buy all of their food at Whole Foods.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#12 Old 02-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

I was mainly talking about people who buy all of their food at Whole Foods.

My nearest Whole Foods is about an hour away. And I totally understand. I can't afford to shop there, even if it WAS closer.
#13 Old 02-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Beginner

I've slowly been getting to know my Whole Foods and Bristol Farms... but lately I've been discovering the farmer's markets (for the perishables).

Once in a while I'll pop into a Fresh and Easy (LOVE their sea salt popcorn!!!)
#14 Old 02-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Trader Joe's (there's two near me) :P

Marlene's is good (and near an East Indian Restaurant--yay)

Our Fred Meyer actually has improved it's "heathy" Veg*an section.

We also have a Farmer's Market within walking distance that is open from June to October.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#15 Old 02-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxxi View Post

Oh, I wish we had a Trader Joes close by! I'd have to drive almost 2 hours to get to one.. =/:

I do too, don't feel bad.

In the city I live in, our only big store is Safeway, and I hate shopping there. It's expensive, their produce is always going bad, and I just can't find anything anymore after they've expanded.

It's about a 30 minute drive to Costco and Fred Meyers, but I mainly shop at Costco (now that they take my card). I used to only shop at Freddy's, but they're going the same way as Safeway.

We have a little select market called Ken's Market that I've been frequenting more often, mainly because I'm literally down the street from them.

Supposedly we're either getting a WinCo or Whole Foods-I'm hoping for WinCo.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#16 Old 02-19-2010, 03:43 AM

i'm in canada, the Atlantic Superstore in porter's lake is the best. Even if you live in halifax/dartmouth it's worth the drive.

They have an amazing organic section with lots of vegan choices. Then they also have a deli section that's filled with vegan/veggie choices and they just added a large vegan freezer section. I don't have to shop anywhere else if i don't want to but nothing beats farmers markets for fresh produce!
#17 Old 02-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Angel View Post

I do too, don't feel bad.

In the city I live in, our only big store is Safeway, and I hate shopping there. It's expensive, their produce is always going bad, and I just can't find anything anymore after they've expanded.

It's about a 30 minute drive to Costco and Fred Meyers, but I mainly shop at Costco (now that they take my card). I used to only shop at Freddy's, but they're going the same way as Safeway.

We have a little select market called Ken's Market that I've been frequenting more often, mainly because I'm literally down the street from them.

Supposedly we're either getting a WinCo or Whole Foods-I'm hoping for WinCo.

Interesting - our Fred Meyer has great organic produce and a nice bulk foods section, as well as being the most willing to 'special order' items when I ask...

That said, a WinCo would be nice - they do NOT have the greatest produce but their prices are wonderful and they have all sorts of bulk foods. Cheap!
#18 Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempeh-Tantrums View Post

Interesting - our Fred Meyer has great organic produce and a nice bulk foods section, as well as being the most willing to 'special order' items when I ask...

That said, a WinCo would be nice - they do NOT have the greatest produce but their prices are wonderful and they have all sorts of bulk foods. Cheap!

It's not that Freddy's doesn't have a nice selection, they're just getting expensive.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#19 Old 02-20-2010, 07:04 AM

I love Wegman's too. Great produce, and a large vegan and gluten-free selection. Plus, I get a great workout when I shop there because the place is so huge, I must walk at least a mile.
#20 Old 02-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Hannaford's and Mrs. Green's.
#21 Old 02-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

The Mustard Seed is my favorite store for strange things like vegan jerky, vegan marshmallow fluff, nut. yeast, etc. I also like Hannaford's for bulk stuff. I mainly shop at the commissary though, as we live on a military base. Produce tends to be a little cheaper there than in other grocery stores around here.
#22 Old 02-20-2010, 11:36 AM

I wish we had a Trader Joe's here.

I love Kroger, Central Market, and Whole Foods.
#23 Old 02-20-2010, 11:40 AM

I don't go to Central Market or Whole Foods much. I will go and get all the sample foods they give out, and i'll buy like 1 or 3 items. i love with my sister, and she will do the same. we aren't rich. LOL
#24 Old 02-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by monimeka View Post

i love with my sister, and she will do the same.

Uhhh. I'm probably not the only one hoping this is a typo.

My Vegan Food Blog:
#25 Old 02-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindaloo View Post

Uhhh. I'm probably not the only one hoping this is a typo.

No... you're definitely not
#26 Old 02-20-2010, 12:26 PM

I like Henry's, Trader Joe's, Sprouts Farmer's Market and Fresh and Easy. I never even go anywhere else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page