What is your favorite dip? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 02-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Corn dip, corn kernels, creamed corn, sour cream, spring onion, cheese fried up and served with corn chips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

If you could only eat one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be? I reply "Dips!"

But... If that's the only food you can eat, then you would never have anything to dip in it. And it then wouldn't be a dip. So that genie just tricked you out of your wish, and now you don't have any food
#33 Old 02-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Veggie Regular

for a chips and dip type thing -- bomb diggity dill dip from the co-op (it's like... veganaise, dill, garlic, and yum), or smokey crock cheeze!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 02-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post

But... If that's the only food you can eat, then you would never have anything to dip in it. And it then wouldn't be a dip. So that genie just tricked you out of your wish, and now you don't have any food

I was smart enough to add (and things to dip in them) when I originally had the conversation, but I guess if you were my genie, I'd have to use my fingers.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#35 Old 02-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post

I was smart enough to add (and things to dip in them) when I originally had the conversation, but I guess if you were my genie, I'd have to use my fingers.

#36 Old 02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Veggie Regular

T-and-S has a "Really Ranch Dressing" recipe that puts all others to shame. I don't think I'm allowed to link yet(?) but GO TO THE RECIPE FORUM and find it.

Now.

Run.
#37 Old 02-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempeh-Tantrums View Post

T-and-S has a "Really Ranch Dressing" recipe that puts all others to shame. I don't think I'm allowed to link yet(?) but GO TO THE RECIPE FORUM and find it.

Now.

Run.

You're totally allowed to link, after 586 posts and several years of membership, go hard! We just don't want brand new people linking to things outside of veggie boards to prevent spam. We call that taking without giving. But you're fine. Link away!

#38 Old 02-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

You're totally allowed to link, after 586 posts and several years of membership, go hard! We just don't want brand new people linking to things outside of veggie boards to prevent spam. We call that taking without giving. But you're fine. Link away!

Ah. Thank you. It didn't work (possibly because of my own lack of computer-brainiac-mad-skillz) so I assumed there was a rule I wasn't aware of.
#39 Old 02-18-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

If you have had fresh guacamole like I have had, you wouldn't be asking this question. My crazy sister makes the best guac ever. It's unbelievably good.

But you didn't mention salsa for a dip. It's the most sustainable one. I could eat chips & salsa as a whole meal. Once again, if it's good salsa, not the stuff "made in New York City!"

I love hummus.....I like to make my own salsa and guac so I can leave out the onion....I loathe onion....I like them all.
#40 Old 02-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd say I make this as a dip or sauce:

Ripe avocado

Jalapeno

red or orange bell pepper

kale or other green

Cilantro

Blend together and eat with green salad or spooned into fresh veggies.
#41 Old 02-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Ohmygoodness dips are HEAVEN. It gets really sinful however when I am at a Mediterranean or Middle Eastern restaurant. I order hummus and three extra sides of tahini sauce and devour it all. So wonderful.
#42 Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nontoxicglue View Post

I'd have to say hummus or guacamole. I can't decide between the two!

Defintiely my two favourites... I put Hummus on everything! But I also Like Beetroot and and roasted Capsicum! yum

xx J

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page