Home-Made Cranberry-Apple Potato Dumpling Recipe? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-11-2009, 02:22 PM

I'm adiiiiiicted to the tofurkey Cranberry-Apple Potato Dumplings, I think they're delicious! Unfortunately I didn't get my fix at Thanksgiving this year (we got just to the Tofurkey as I was the only veggie, and the whole gathering involved three people...).

I don't get tofurkey for Christmas (making homemade butternut squash ravioli!)... so I'm sure you can see the problem- I NEED THOSE DUMPLINGS!

Does anyone know where I can find a recipe, or could help me to retrofit an existing recipe? I googled the hell out of it, but wasn't really finding what I was looking for- a lot of dough covered apples (yummy, but not what I'm craving), or just dough balls... I'm quite dumpling/pot sticker ignorant apparently.

Heeeeeelp! Someone enable me PLEASE!

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

So yeah, anyone had any luck on this? My google searches havnt turned up any thing similar enough. Does someone have a basic recipe for a potato filled dumpling (not solid a dumpling of dough) that we can try to modify?*

*edit ok I forgot about this one that someone recommended that i never got around to trying.
http://www.theppk.com/2011/03/potato-pierogi-with-caramelized-onions/

wonder if I should cook the apples at all before they go in the filling though...& what kind of cranberries to use, fresh, dried and rehydrated, frozen, not sure whats best...any input?

No gods, No masters, No woo, No whey! Ⓥ
Read my blog and be skeptical not susceptible
http://skepticalvegan.wordpress.com/
#3 Old 11-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Cranberry-Apple Potato Dumplings sound awesome!!! I'd never seen them by Tofurky.

Was everything incorporated? Or like a pierogi?

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Cranberry-Apple Potato Dumplings sound awesome!!! I'd never seen them by Tofurky.

Was everything incorporated? Or like a pierogi?

more like a pierogi...A filling of mashed potatoes, apples, and cranberries wrapped in a thin dough, they come frozen and you first boil them then pan fry them
the problem with trying to find a similar recipe is you just get soup type dumpling and baked pastry recipes

Im gonna try the pierogi recipe I have and modify it

No gods, No masters, No woo, No whey! Ⓥ
Read my blog and be skeptical not susceptible
http://skepticalvegan.wordpress.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page