help! i cant stop eating...im always hungry...how do i kick the habbit? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

im not what a lot of people would call "fat"...like i dont have a flat stomach but otherwise im not overweight but i eat A LOT and i cant stop because im always hungry. do you have any tips so i can be hungry but dont eat every second? this might sound silly but im really serious. please help me because im gaining weight and thats not good.

~Lexi <3

I've just begun having my fun. <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Eat foods with lots of fiber, that will keep you fuller longer. Eat when you are truly hungry, and not just because you are bored. Learn to listen to your body, eat what you are craving, and stop when you are full.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#3 Old 12-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Banned

what do you currently eat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

what do you currently eat?

hmm like a lot of soup, fruit, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, sometimes candy or ice cream.

I've just begun having my fun. <3
#5 Old 12-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluvzanimalz View Post

hmm like a lot of soup, fruit, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, sometimes candy or ice cream.

Can you be more specific? Amounts and frequency for example? Like what have you had for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the past couple of days.

Also, I believe very few women truly have a flat stomach. Most of us carry a little weight around the lower abdomen/hips/thighs as part of the whole "babymaking" thing.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#6 Old 12-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Veggie Regular

It's great you're eating fruit and hopefully the soup is fairly healthy, but I tend to view our bodies as a bit more intelligent than our impulses, as in, you get the signal you're hungry (which is GREAT - your body is working) but you go for candy and ice cream? My view is that our body will tell us it's hungry because it NEEDS NUTRITION. As in vitamins, minerals. You get the idea.

Can you add some dark greens to your diet and see if that helps?
#7 Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

It doesn't sound like you're really eating a lot of calories. Maybe try eating a larger variety of foods, including more fiber. You'll be less hungry and you won't be gaining any weight. Honestly though, I was still growing at your age, I gained some too around that time, it could be you're getting taller and adding a little more to your frame. I ended up gaining a little too much after puberty (I ate junk for every meal), about 45 pounds in just a few years. I probably should have only gained 20-25. This was from middle school to high school. You seem like you're eating better than the average teen, so that's great. Here are some meal ideas:

Breakfast: Thomas' Light Multi-grain English Muffin toasted with peanut butter (the Light EM has 8g of fiber, it's good too), an english muffin toasted and in between a crispy Morningstar Farms sausage patty (egg and cheese are optional), Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal (lots of fiber), oatmeal, Buckwheat pancakes, or any cereal with vitamins and minerals.

Snacks: Pita Chips with Hummus, Celery with hummus, dry cereal, fruit, nuts (I love cashews, esp mixed with dried cranberries), sunflower seeds (in shell and salted, they're delicious, salty without too much sodium, and take a while to eat).

Lunch/Dinner: Amy's Meals (Veggie Loaf has 8g of fiber, so does the Black Bean Tamale Verde, both are delicious), whole grain pasta with eggplant parmesan, grilled portobello burger, homemade pizza.

It's early, that's all I can come up with right now. The idea to is eat satisfying meals and avoid the kitchen when you're bored. That's my problem, I eat out of boredom. I had homemade Eggplant parmesan a few nights ago and it was SOOOO good (even as leftovers) and I honestly wasn't hungry the rest of the night after I had it. I used this recipe:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Eggplant-P...atchers-237164

I made some modifications, you can see my review on the right side.Pretty easy to make. I served it with Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Pasta. I loved it so much I'm tempted to make it again today Good luck, I'm always here if you need me!
#8 Old 12-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

When I'm REALLY hungry and don't want to eat a large meal, I heat up some Quorn Chik'n tenders and toss them with BBQ sauce. 1 cup of chik'n with 1 tablespoon of sauce is only 1 Weight Watchers point (that's REALLY good). It feels like you're eating something you're not supposed to and it doesn't harm your waistline at all. It's about 100 calories.

I also wanted to share this pizza dough recipe with you. It's much better than any pizza takeout place can make and much better for you. You can control the toppings. I like my pizza topped with BBQ sauce, Quorn Chik'n, mozzarella, and chopped cilantro I could eat it for every meal, no joke. It's SUPER easy to make if you have a bread maker (kneed cycle) or a Stand Mixer.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Pizza-Doug...st-Pizza-70165

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page