Favorite vegan bakers? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-18-2009, 05:06 PM

Hey all,

So I recently developed a sweet tooth for baked goods for some reason. So far, I've just been ordering from etsy.com sellers.

As of now, my favorite etsy seller is AugustaVegan. My favorite items are the banana bread, honesty cookies, and mini cakes. There are still one or two that I haven't tried, but I'll let you all know how they hold up, once I do.

Do you have any suggestions for vegan baked goods that I could order online from the U.S.? They don't just have to be from etsy.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Why not check out the book The Joy of Vegan Baking and make your own goodies? mmmm

That is a pretty cool site though. I didn't realize people could sell baked goods off Etsy although I never really checked out that site much.

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#3 Old 11-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-20-2009, 05:38 AM
Veggie Regular

My mam has ordered from here a few times, but it's a UK site: http://bluelotusproducts.co.uk/

I started baking vegan cakes and things a couple of months ago though, so she relies on me now! I recommend making your own stuff as it can get really expensive.
#5 Old 11-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Me!!! LOL (My last name is "Baker".) Seriously, though, I make my own goodies as much as possible. That way I know what the ingredients are, the salt/sugar content is lower, and it's much less expensive.
#6 Old 11-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Star*Lass* View Post

My mam has ordered from here a few times, but it's a UK site: http://bluelotusproducts.co.uk/

I started baking vegan cakes and things a couple of months ago though, so she relies on me now! I recommend making your own stuff as it can get really expensive.

Wow, £9.99 for 10 scones! You could make 10 times that at home for a tenner, surely?

The cupcakes look really pretty though.

I agree with everyone, half the joy of baked goods is baking them yourself. Then you get to lick the bowl
#7 Old 11-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

#8 Old 11-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I've had some pretty good stuff from veganessentials.com and veganstore.com.
#9 Old 11-20-2009, 05:58 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!

I am considering baking for myself. I just find it to be quite intimidating, especially since I haven't baked anything before; but someday I'll just have to go for it and not worry too much about the results. I'll eventually learn and get better.
#10 Old 11-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by delane View Post

Thanks for the suggestions!

I am considering baking for myself. I just find it to be quite intimidating, especially since I haven't baked anything before; but someday I'll just have to go for it and not worry too much about the results. I'll eventually learn and get better.

My best advice is to buy an oven thermometer! So many baked goods turn out ruined because the oven is not calibrated correctly, and people think they just suck at baking, when really the oven is running 100 degrees hotter than the dial says!! An oven thermometer makes it so you can check to be sure the oven is as hot as the dial says it is!

Cookies are also a good place to start, because worse comes to worse, you can always eat the cookie dough

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#11 Old 11-21-2009, 06:38 PM

exactly....homemade id best and yummier
#12 Old 11-23-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

My best advice is to buy an oven thermometer! So many baked goods turn out ruined because the oven is not calibrated correctly, and people think they just suck at baking, when really the oven is running 100 degrees hotter than the dial says!! An oven thermometer makes it so you can check to be sure the oven is as hot as the dial says it is!

Cookies are also a good place to start, because worse comes to worse, you can always eat the cookie dough

Ooh, great advice! Such a simple thing, but I never would've thought about the oven being inaccurate.

Thanks!
#13 Old 11-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah an oven thermometer is great for when your using your oven. Also I gotta suggest 'Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World' by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Everything I've made out of there has been incredibly easy. I've heard people say that your either a cook or a baker, but rarely is someone both. Well, that book makes me feel like I'm both lol. I've never been great at baking, I just get by with it, but all the cupcakes I've made from there have been the best I've ever had in taste, texture and moisture.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page