I dare you to eat this hot sauce - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned

I was doing my own thing quietly and YOU are the one who created this post trying to make a big deal out of it. Keep flaming the fire. That must be what you want.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I want some.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#3 Old 10-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

I want some.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I dare you to drink pure capsaicin.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#5 Old 10-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I dare you to drink pure capsaicin.

I never understood the urge to eat hot sauce that is so hot it's literally painful and burns your mouth.

To me it smacks of masochism.
#6 Old 10-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellye View Post

I never understood the urge to eat hot sauce that is so hot it's literally painful and burns your mouth.

To me it smacks of masochism.

As one of those weird people I can honestly say that's what it is.

Pain releases endorphins, it's a rush.

There's also the 'how much can you stand' factor that adds fun to it, there's some perverse desire to look tough in front of all your friends by making your mouth burn forever.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#7 Old 10-14-2009, 02:58 PM

im not that competitive over a bit of sauce. id rather be seen as a wimp than be uncomfortable for ages
#8 Old 10-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I want a glass of water just thinking about how hot that stuff probably is. It reminds me of an episode of Man Vs. Food when he was challenged to eat bowls of chili made with habarnero sauce. The guy's face was beet red and sweat was just pouring down his face. I was uncomfortable just watching him suffer.
#9 Old 10-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I absolutely adore fiery hot stuff, but I really don't see the point of this. It's not even a condiment/sauce - it's a pepper extract. 7 million Scoville units??? what are you gonna get out of this?

Even for extremophiles, this is ridiculous.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#10 Old 10-14-2009, 08:18 PM

I'd try it.

Once.

lol

Becca

#11 Old 10-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Veggie Regular

The source is something for kids - better try the real deal: Blair's 16mio A.M. reserve *lol*.

http://www.chilliworld.com/SP6.asp?p_id=63

Anyway the hottest one's I've tried are: Blair's Jersey Death (850 000 Sco) (meanwhile I'm finishing my second bottle) and Mad Dogs 357 (357 000 Sco). Hottest chile would be a Bhut Jolokia, but it wasn't as hot as I expected.
#12 Old 10-15-2009, 01:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I absolutely adore fiery hot stuff, but I really don't see the point of this. It's not even a condiment/sauce - it's a pepper extract. 7 million Scoville units??? what are you gonna get out of this?

Even for extremophiles, this is ridiculous.

Exactly. Its all macho bull****. Chillies and heat are meant to enhance the flavour of the food and not mask it. There is no point to this stuff except to show off to your friends. Something to sit on a shelf and point out. Big whoop.
#13 Old 10-15-2009, 04:59 AM
Banned

I was doing my own thing quietly and YOU are the one who created this post trying to make a big deal out of it. Keep flaming the fire. That must be what you want.

#14 Old 10-15-2009, 05:06 AM
Veggie Regular

I love spicy food, but get gastritis regularly and have a spastic colon. For me, that's proof there is no god.
#15 Old 10-15-2009, 05:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

I have read that birds and insects are unaffected by capsaicin. I would find it hard to believe any living creature could eat something this hot and not be affected by it.

First thing that happens to me when I eat something extremely hot is I start hiccuping.

Me too! I think it's something to do with acid reflux.
#16 Old 10-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Banned

Quote:

I have read that birds and insects are unaffected by capsaicin. I would find it hard to believe any living creature could eat something this hot and not be affected by it.

First thing that happens to me when I eat something extremely hot is I start hiccuping.

I've used ground chillies to combat insects invading my garden with some success. I think some insects do not like chillies at alll.
#17 Old 10-15-2009, 05:49 AM
Banned

#18 Old 10-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Banned

Quote:

Another thing I read was that humans are the only ones on Earth who eat chili peppers.

Birds eat chillies, too, it seems:

To find out what happens in the wild the scientists observed the eating habits of the local animals living around a group of wild-growing chillies in Arizona. They found that desert mice and rats avoided spicy chillies, but birds fed almost exclusively on the plants.

The researchers also noted that when birds ate the chillies, many seeds germinated, but there was no germination after mice had eaten the chilli seeds.

This is thought to be because seeds pass through a birds digestive systems very quickly and come out unharmed, whereas in mice, rats and other mammals, the seeds dont make it out in one piece as they are broken down by the acidic juices during digestion.

The researchers suggest that chilli plants have evolved to produce capsaicin as a repellent for animals, which will ensure their future survival, whilst still allowing birds to eat their seeds.

More interesting stuff here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...chillies.shtml
#19 Old 10-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What's hot or not simply depends on the species, and just because we perceive it as hot doesn't mean other species have to. That said, the stuff the OP posted is ridiculous
#20 Old 10-15-2009, 06:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I adore hot and spicy food, but I like to be able to actually taste it and enjoy it. I have no desire to try this stuff.

I'd love to watch you try it though!
#21 Old 10-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I want, I want!

I had habanero extract 750. I loved it. I had contests with friends to see if they could take the heat. I won!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#22 Old 10-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Hamsters eat chillies, the food I used to buy for my pet one had whole dried chillies in it.
#23 Old 10-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I start hiccuping too. Glad I am not the only one.
#24 Old 10-17-2009, 09:05 PM

[QUOTE=sleepydvdr]It is called The Source. By my calculation, it is about 70 times hotter than a habanero pepper. It has a scoville of 7.1 million. The hottest pepper in the world (called Naga-Bih Jolokia) only has a scoville of 1 million.

What's the hottest hot sauce have you tried? The hottest I tried is probably around 150,000 scoville. Believe me, that is hot. I can't imagine the horrible pain one drop of The Source would cause

OMG I would Luv to try this.....I love hot and spicy.....I have won a hot sauce drinking contest...Yummmmy!!!.........I like to drink hot sauce right out of the bottle or little cups ect....I love Habanero Jelly beans too....The Hotter the Better
#25 Old 10-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Ever felt a bird's tongue? It's dry. They don't taste the same as we do. I give my bird hot peppers all the time, he loves them!

As for me, I hate anything hot/that spicy. Ruins the food and gives me heartburn!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page