Advice Please :hungry: [looking for restaurant + fast food options in west virginia] - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-16-2009, 08:11 PM

Hi! My name is Brad and I am 16. I have been vegetarian for 3 months and I love it! I was just curious if you guys could tell me great places to eat out at (include ff and dining places and what to get!) Thanks a lot ( :

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-16-2009, 08:30 PM

Where are you located?
#3 Old 08-17-2009, 12:03 AM

I live in Welch, a small town inWest Virginia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I just did a yellow pages search and you really don't have a lot there. I see you have a Subway, I LOVE the veggie delight made this way: honey oat or italian bread, mustard, spinach, a little lettuce, tomato, extra pickles, olives, black pepper, sweet onion sauce, and avocado (if they have it). The sweet onion sauce is the BEST, it's what makes the sandwich good.

Taco Bell: Double decker taco with no meat, substitute beans, triple layer nachos (no red sauce), mexican pizza no meat, sub beans, cinnamon twists.... they can modify just about everything to exclude the meat and add beans in place. Don't order the sour cream, it contains gelatin.

Do you have a California Pizza Kitchen around?

Looks like you have a lot of family owned restaurants, why don't you call around and ask?
#5 Old 08-17-2009, 10:05 AM

Thanks for replying! Well, I travel around the east coast a lot and I see a lot of different resteraunts....I hardly even get to eat here. What kind of resteraunts do you go to?
#6 Old 08-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Hmm... I'm not sure what you don't have on the east coast, I'm in California. I don't eat out as much as I used to, but when I do, here are some of the places I eat at:

California Pizza Kitchen - Vegetarian Eggplant pizza on honey wheat dough is AWESOME. They actually have a huge vegetarian selection, many are even labeled. Their website has a list of what's safe and what's not.

Olive Garden - I don't know if the cheese has rennet or not, but when I eat out, I know they can't answer that question. I LOVE the Portobello ravioli, it's the best. The salad and breadsticks are vegetarian.

Cheesecake Factory - Same thing about the cheese. The goat cheese and roasted veggie pizza is delicious.

Jason's Deli - Vegetarian items are labeled. The french onion soup is delicious (not made with beef broth), that's my favorite thing. Plus, free soft serve!

Besides those places, I only eat at local vegetarian restaurants. Hope that helps Did you check Happy Cow?
#7 Old 08-17-2009, 12:00 PM

I'm not really fimiliar. I go to Hard Rock Cafe at times and they have veggie burgers...There is an Indian Resturaunt about 50 miles from here and it is actually 100% vegan. I was just curious of where all the vegetarians go to. Thanks for all of the suggestions! ( :
#8 Old 08-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Their veggie burgers are REALLY good Had it once in San Diego. I can pretty much find something to eat anywhere I go. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part, I'm content
#9 Old 09-03-2009, 04:03 PM

I've never been to Welch, but I live in Morgantown. I actually don't eat out here a whole lot since there aren't that many good places to eat, plus I LOVE to cook.

But when I do eat out, I like Asian Garden (which has a large vegetarian section on their menu) and Panera.
#10 Old 09-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Hey Brad. Try here:

http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/

And there is also these:

http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.ne...stFoodRest.htm

http://www.veganeatingout.com/

Edit: These probably repeat the same places, but still:

http://www.vegetarianusa.com/

http://www.vegdining.com/home.cfm

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page