Vegetarian but adding a few RAW food recipes into weekly meals :-) Fun! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Beginner

I've been a vegetarian for 4 years and have dabbled in veganism. I have been reading about the wonderful benefits of raw foodism and decided to add a recipe or two into my weekly meals.

I found this easy 9-minute recipe for Raw Spaghetti and it looks like fun. Instead of pasta, they use zucchini. IT LOOKS SO EASY!

This YouTube movie makes it look fun and simple!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLi5657CSos

What do you other vegetarians think??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Veggie Regular

That looks amazing. I don't have a food processor but I may have to try that in a blender.
#3 Old 08-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Beginner

I don't have a food processor either, but I planned on using my blender as well, hehe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I've heard of that, but never tried it. Blender for me, too!
#5 Old 08-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Veggie Regular

What perfect timing! I have zucchini, I have tomatoes, I have predictions of hot weather coming up... it's raw pasta time!
#6 Old 08-16-2009, 05:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I like zucchini spaghetti. My spiralizer stinks though.
#7 Old 08-17-2009, 12:17 PM

I made the raw zuchini with tomato sauce from Alissa's Cohen's book. It is very good. I eat the tomato sauce as a rich soup without the zuchini.

I added a peach.

I used a blender to mix the sauce.
#8 Old 08-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

lemonzest-i'm vegan but i'm currently on a 9 day complete raw food diet. i figured after this i'd see whether i want to incorporate raw foods into my diet more often. i'm on day 5 and i am seeing huge benefits, so after this is over i'm going to be doing raw foods for breakfast and lunch and a cooked meal for dinner. i made the squash 'pasta' already and i totally love it. i've tried it with pesto and grape tomatoes and also with marinara sauce. both times i really enjoyed it. i really really love the watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberry drink and the raw tacos.

http://www.butikiteas.com
#9 Old 08-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Veggie Regular

rather than do the facebook link, i thought i'd post some pics here. let me know if this is too much.

watermelon, Cantalope, Strawberry Foamy Juice thing:

Tacos with nut meat, fresh salsa, and avocados:

coconut thai nests:

angel hair 'pasta' with marinara sauce (looks pink cause i don't like sun dried tomatoes):

mushroom tikki masala:

strawberry vanilla date shake:

chocolate pineapple date shake:

#10 Old 08-17-2009, 02:24 PM

Wow, that all looks great. I have thought about maybe having more raw food in my diet.
#11 Old 08-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post

Wow, that all looks great. I have thought about maybe having more raw food in my diet.

thanks

let me tell you its worth it. i have noticed several health improvements and its only day 5. the biggest improvement is skin. i have very dry skin and psoriasis. my skin got super soft and smooth at about day 2. the psoriasis on my scalp completely cleared up and i have this nasty patch of skin on my foot that has been very painful since the beginning of summer that is half way cleared up. i don't think a completely raw diet is realistic for me all the time but i think having more raw foods will do some real good.

#12 Old 08-17-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronzebed View Post

thanks let me tell you its worth it. i have noticed several health improvements and its only day 5. the biggest improvement is skin. i have very dry skin and psoriasis. my skin got super soft and smooth at about day 2. the psoriasis on my scalp completely cleared up and i have this nasty patch of skin on my foot that has been very painful since the beginning of summer that is half way cleared up. i don't think a completely raw diet is realistic for me all the time but i think having more raw foods will do some real good.

Great for you. I might keep looking here for inspiration.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page