Does Burger King's BK Veggie burger contain eggs? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-19-2009, 11:16 PM

Burger King no longer shows detailed ingredients of its menu items. I know the mayo contains eggs but you could ask BK to hold the mayo but I'm not sure about patty. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Not vegan. The BK website says it's a Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie patty. Here are the ingredients for that product from the Morningstar Farms website...

Quote:
Ingredients:

VEGETABLES (MUSHROOMS, WATER CHESTNUTS, ONIONS, CARROTS, GREEN BELL PEPPERS, RED BELL PEPPERS, BLACK OLIVES), TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WHEAT GLUTEN, WATER FOR HYDRATION), EGG WHITES, COOKED BROWN RICE (WATER, BROWN RICE), ROLLED OATS, CORN OIL, CALCIUM CASEINATE, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, SALT, WHEAT), CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF ONION POWDER, CORNSTARCH, SALT, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN, SOY AND WHEAT), AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, NATURAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES, SUGAR, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SPICES, GARLIC POWDER, DEXTROSE, JALAPEÑO PEPPER POWDER, CELERY EXTRACT.

Allergen Information:

CONTAINS SOY, WHEAT, EGG AND MILK INGREDIENTS.

http://morningstarfarms.com/product_...ily=363&id=323

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 07-19-2009, 11:52 PM

that blows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Gotta give them a little credit though, considering all the fast food places out there.
#5 Old 07-20-2009, 02:20 AM

It's not vegan as others have said, and as far as I know you have to ask for it to be microwaved to even make sure it's vegetarian.

I'd just avoid burger king altogether if I were you, there's much better places to eat at!
#6 Old 07-20-2009, 02:36 AM
Veggie Regular

You don't have to ask for it to be nuked here, they just do it. The fries are vegan and if I am going to go to ff place to eat, it will be them or Taco Bell.
#7 Old 07-20-2009, 02:15 PM

Thanks all for the replies and comments. I read somewhere that BK changed their veggie patty supplier a few times and was hoping that they no longer use Morningstar or at least switched to a vegan patty.
#8 Old 07-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Beginner

Here are the ingredients for the veggie burger at Burger King in Canada:

Water, soy protein, hydrogenated palm kernal oil (trans fat free), cellulose gum, salt, modified wheat gluten, soy protein, hydrolyzed soy, wheat & corn protein, flavour, onion, sugar, spices, malt, garlic, beet powder. Contains: wheat, soy.

I *think* it would be vegan. Healthy, maybe not so much, but I had it a few weeks ago and it is ok for a fast food lunch. I was also impressed because they asked if I wanted mayo, which I presume would not be vegan.
#9 Old 07-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielady View Post

hydrogenated palm kernal oil (trans fat free)

How is this possible?
#10 Old 07-20-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielady View Post

Here are the ingredients for the veggie burger at Burger King in Canada:

Water, soy protein, hydrogenated palm kernal oil (trans fat free), cellulose gum, salt, modified wheat gluten, soy protein, hydrolyzed soy, wheat & corn protein, flavour, onion, sugar, spices, malt, garlic, beet powder. Contains: wheat, soy.

I *think* it would be vegan. Healthy, maybe not so much, but I had it a few weeks ago and it is ok for a fast food lunch. I was also impressed because they asked if I wanted mayo, which I presume would not be vegan.

No more egg in the patty!! Thanks for this info.

Does anyone know if BK Canada and BK USA use the same veggie patty?
#11 Old 07-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Norcal View Post

Does anyone know if BK Canada and BK USA use the same veggie patty?

If you read my post toward the beginning of this thread you'll see that they do not. According to the most recent info on the BK (US) website the patty has egg and calcium casienate.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#12 Old 07-21-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

If you read my post toward the beginning of this thread you'll see that they do not. According to the most recent info on the BK (US) website the patty has egg and calcium casienate.

Unfortunately, you are right. I just saw this on the BK-US web site:

BK VEGGIE® Burger

A Morningstar Farms® Garden Veggie Patty, garden crisp vegetables, whole grains, and spicesall topped with lettuce, red ripe tomatoes, ketchup, creamy mayo, and served on a sesame seed bun. If there's one thing we know, it's burgers. Even Veggie burgers. No, especially... the BK VEGGIE® Burger. ®, TM, © 2009 Kellogg Co.

Add To Meal

420 calories420.21999999999997

16g fat16.47

2.5g saturated fat2.65

0g trans fat0.27

5mg cholesterol7.31

46g carbs46.00000000000001

8g sugar8.190000000000001

23g protein22.689999999999997

1100mg sodium1096.62

Allergens:

Wheat, Soy, Egg, Milk
#13 Old 07-21-2009, 12:59 AM

In Australia they are called "Hungry Jacks" ...and the veggie burgers aren't Vegan either ... booohooo [B][B][B]Ingredients ]Wheat Flour, Water, Canola Oil, Baker's Yeast, Sugar, Wheat Gluten, Salt, Vinegar, Sesame Seeds, Soy Flour, Emulsifiers (481, 472e, 471), Vitamin (Thiamin). Vegetables (49%) (Carrot, Peas, Corn, Capsicum), Burger Premix (Dried Vegetables, Breadcrumbs [Wheat Flour {gluten}, Sugar, Salt, Yeast], Sodium Caseinate, Maltodextrin, Vegetable Gum [415, 464], Salt, Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein, Rice Flour, Vegetable Oil, Flavour Enhancer [635], Spice Extracts, Cheese [Milk, Salt, Enzyme {Rennet}, Culture, Anticaking Agent {460}, Preservative {200}]), Egg, Glaze (Water, Wheat, Maize, Milk Protein, Vegetable Gum [401], Emulsifier [322- Soy]), Water, Rice, Vegetable Oil, Margarine (Milk, Soy, Colour [160a]) Milk, Cream, Milk Solids Non Fat, Food Acid (270, 331), Salt, Mineral Salt(339), Colour (160b), Preservative (200), Spice, Starter Culture, Enzymes Soybean Oil, Egg Yolks, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Corn Syrup, Salt, Sugar, Mustard Flour, Tocopherol Not required as product is single standard ingredient Not required as product is single standard ingredient Not required as product is single standard ingredient Concentrated Tomatoes, Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, Spice Extracts Concentrated Tomatoes (205g Tomato per 100ml/30g per 15ml serve).

....I know I can make great tasting burgers with a LOT less ingrediants
#14 Old 07-22-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleusman View Post

How is this possible?

If the serving size is truly for 1 serving then the trans fat (by governmental standards) is less than 0.5 grams then BK's Veggie burger and loosely "trans fat free"
#15 Old 07-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, the canadian one is different and I prefer it way more over the US one. You could also just get a veggie whopped, which is basically a whopped minus the meat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page