Hello from Nebraska! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-03-2009, 04:44 PM

I'm new to these forums, and wanted to say 'hi'.

I will admit up front that I am not a vegetarian... yet. I've made several attempts, but they have all failed horribly.

Even though I did my research thoroughly up front, I never had the support or community aspect to really push through with my decisions. So, I'm really exited to be a part of these forums.

I would like to go vegetarian for several reasons... the first being that I am a practicing Buddhist and love animals too much. The second reason is more selfish... when I eat meats and processed foods, I literally feel like I am poisoning my body. It wasn't until I experienced the joy of vegetarian meals that I actually felt GOOD after eating. I had more energy, felt clean and refreshed... and I want to experience that again.

So, thanks ahead of time for dealing with my veggie ignorance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB! You'll get lots of support here!
#3 Old 07-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome! I'm from Nebraska, too, though now I live in KS. Everyone here is very supportive and always have helpful hints and advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB! If you have any questions at all about being vegetarian, don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, and even if going veg for your health seems selfish, it's the best thing you can do for YOU!

*this space not for sale*
#5 Old 07-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome, danah! What part of Nebraska are you from? I'm in Omaha. I've only been here about a year and a half, having moved here from Colorado. Do PM me if you're interested in Nebraska Vegetarian Society stuff. I went to a couple things when I first got here, but haven't for a while. I'm looking to get back into it.

Not everyone from this state is a meat eater. There are vegetarians here, and you can be one too. You'll have plenty of support here at VB, and at NVS if you want.
#6 Old 07-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Banned

Welcome To VB!

make yourself at home

&

hope to see you around
#7 Old 07-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB and good luck with your transition!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page