Soon to be veggie......DONT hate me! (lol) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-09-2003, 02:54 PM

umm..im gonna be a veggie in the New Year, so take it easy on me...

to be honest i do love the taste of meat, but i am totally fed up of the way people are treating produce animals, my sister (sola, if i keep mentioning her as my sis she's gonna get annoyed or hurt me ) told me about what goes on and etc and she also told me about this forum thingy, i got interesed since i saw the programme about animal produce (one from school and one i don't even want to remember) and the way they are slaughtered.

untill my sister became a veggie (and im still learning somthing new everyday) i knew very little about the health and nutrition from bieng a vegitarian/vegan, i think the schools should teach more on this.... then again people could try and sue them for 'trying to obscure the views of childeren' (you know how stupid people can be they would sue you if you tripped over they're shoelaces) umm.... going on abit...but then again..

entertainment break > , continuing..

i got lots of things to say..... forgot some.....Oh well, i can't say them all in this now...you'll all get bored

I LIKE BROCCOLI and only over the time that my sis was a veggie i only then realize how tasty the food is

BTW: i might be an easy target for argument and etc as i somtimes eather forget my point and/or forget to check what im spelling, BEWARE i am not scared to speak my opinion even if 19 people have already said the same thing.....

Checking.............. no spelling mistakes that im aware of!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

well good luck!

dont give up.
#3 Old 12-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi! My brother went vegetarian too. And so I forgave him everything, except possibly that time in the cinema...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-09-2003, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin_87 View Post

entertainment break >

LOL. Welcome!

Great about your sister helping guide the way. Maybe you can be that person someday, too. When I went vegan, the smell of bacon cooking was still disturbingly appealing, but I eventually got over it. I understand what it's like to enjoy meat but to realize that we have to discontinue harvesting it the way we do!

I like your idea about teaching veg*nism to kids, especially as part of a broader nutritional awareness program.
#5 Old 12-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Beginner

Why wait until New Years?

You can do it! Just stay strong and keep in mind how much it's going to be helping yourself, the animals, and the environment. And come visit us if you have any trouble. Going veg*n is a lot easier than many people think.
#6 Old 12-09-2003, 03:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi and welcome to VB!!

I became veggie one year as part of my New Year's Resolution too. Only resolution I ever stuck to!

Good luck!
#7 Old 12-09-2003, 03:58 PM

Hi! Congrats on your decision- I'm sure this place will be a tremendous help.
#8 Old 12-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to the boards! I intended to go veg on Jan 1 2002, but ended up going ahead with it in November. I had been doing plenty of research, reading, and talking to other veg*ns, so I felt that I was ready. So know your stuff, and ask lots of questions. Good luck with your resolution!
#9 Old 12-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Thats awesome, every perosn helps
#10 Old 12-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I stopped eating meat in 1968 for pro-animal reasons (when I was 16) and dropped fish 4 years later... but it still smells appetizing. This past Thanksgiving, my folks were going to throw the turkey leftovers out so I took them home for my 2 cats. I think that if I didn't have any animals who could eat meat, and my folks were going to throw the leftovers out, I would have eaten it.

But I can't truly say I miss meat or fish either. I don't have any other dietary restrictions or food allergies, and I enjoy many foods: grains, legumes, nuts/seeds, vegetables, fruits, spices... and the fellowship of other vegs is terrific. I saw a dietitian years ago, and he didn't see anything wrong with what I was doing. I was up-front with him that I didn't think meat was poison, I avoided it because of my care for animals, and I knew I'd still have to choose my diet with care to be healthy (just as I would if I still ate meat and fish).

Welcome again.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#11 Old 12-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to the boards!

Congrats on your decision. Before I became veggie I started to dislike meat more and more until eventually I couldn't have a meal without feeling guilty. It's nice you plan to start in the new year If you want any help or have any questions feel free to post them in the appropriate forums! There are plenty of people here ready to help!
#12 Old 12-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello and welcome!
#13 Old 12-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi, and welcome to the boards!
#14 Old 12-09-2003, 09:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB! Good luck making the switch -- I'm sure that you will find all of the support and advice you need from your sister and from the members of the board.
#15 Old 12-09-2003, 09:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Assimilation complete. Veggie population add 1.
#16 Old 12-09-2003, 09:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Odin- good luck to you and welcome!

Welcome to the boards and to a new wonderful life of lots of great food!
#17 Old 12-09-2003, 11:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome
#18 Old 12-10-2003, 07:15 AM

well i will keep this resolution

...yummy

i'm sure i will use all parts of this forum and go by your advice

btw i have a habit of, if there is a lot of writing, skipping through it

i suppose most people do that though

so i might miss somthing and embaress my-self

No matter how hard they try i will NOT give in to temptation lol

btw2: my best friend knows nothing about Veggieness and he says i'm gonna be eating broccli for the rest of my life and cry for meat when i see him or others eating it

and i keep teling him to be quiet for he does not know what he is talking about..
#19 Old 12-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome! You'll find lots of support and good information here - best of luck to you!
#20 Old 12-10-2003, 09:21 PM
Veggie Regular

welcome! I'm sure if I had this place when I became vegan the transition would have been as smooth as soy butter (ooooh, that was bad, sorry ), so you've come to the right place.

See you around the boards!

~Mollie~
#21 Old 12-11-2003, 03:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome Odin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin_87 View Post

entertainment break > , continuing..

Haha! Yeah I love this too!!

Quote:
BTW: i might be an easy target for argument and etc as i somtimes eather forget my point and/or forget to check what im spelling, BEWARE i am not scared to speak my opinion even if 19 people have already said the same thing.....

OK no problem. But be also warned that you sometimes need a thick skin if you are really not afraid of speaking your opinion on VB. Especially since you will be one of the few "omnis" on VB (until you go veg ). This shouldn't discourage you though. Some of are are just really passionate about their opinions - but overall we're a really nice bunch.

Debates are usually taking place in the "Compost Heap". The support forums are meant for um, support; so debate is rather not welcome there. If you need any further assistance or have questions, post in the "Community Assistance" forum or PM either one of the moderators (the ones whose name is orange, like myself)!

Dive right in and enjoy!
#22 Old 12-11-2003, 05:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB
#23 Old 12-11-2003, 05:13 AM

Welcome Odin!
#24 Old 12-15-2003, 10:36 AM

Hi Odin. Welcome! I have found this place a real help - for myself it helps in staying vegan, as I LOVE cheese but now don't eat it anymore - and I hope it helps you with being veggie. If you like meat there really are some great substitutes around now. Go to the food bits of this site for some good suggestions.

Since being veggie I have had a much more interesting diet and I also love cooking now as I have learnt a lot more about food and what we need (and what I like too!)

WELCOME!
#25 Old 12-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB! I'm certainly not going to hate you for having good intentions. Just make sure you follow through with those intentions, and we'll have good times!

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#26 Old 12-23-2003, 09:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome........beyourself.........have fun!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page