VeggieBoards banner

I slipped.

635 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  @rno 
#1 ·
Well, before today I have not eaten meat since may the 1st. (I know, short time.) But today, my dad made chicken kabobs. They smelled SO good. And my dad encouraged me to try one. (It's hard when everyone else in your family eats meat!) I had two. (*Feels like throwing up*) My mother, siblings, and I stopped eating beef after the mad cow thing. So we are all on different levels. My dad eats anything. My mother and siblings eat all but beef. And I, eat no meat. Untill today of course. And I feel horribal! My stomach hurts so much! And I had only been vegetarian for a month. I'll never eat meat again. I want to go vegan, but it's not feasible in this household. I would most likley die. No soy other than soy burgers, and hot dogs. No tofu. I've been considering going vegan when I move out and buy my own stuff. My mother was a vegetarian for a year or so when she was a teenager. My family thinks I'll grow out of this, but with the way I'm feeling now? Hah! Good luck! But they've actually been very supportive. Oh, by the way, I do this for health reasons! I do consume dairy, and eggs only because it does not harm the animals. But going vegan would be almost easy for me, because I've never liked milk, or cheese, at all. I never consume milk or cheese plain.

#2 ·
and welcome , well in the big picture of a life time commitment , your slip-up was hardly a blip .

You seem to have a good understanding of why you are going veg and the direction you want to go . With the support you have of your parents , you cant miss .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.