Greetings from Spain!!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-04-2009, 07:44 PM

Hi ya!

How are you? I've been reading this forum for a week and became addicted. Now, since I've seen that most of you are very nice people I'd really like to share information and experiences with you all . But, firstly, I guess I should tell something about myself

I'm a 25 years old girl from Spain. I've been a vegetarian since I was 18. I'm pretty adventurous and I'm always keen on meeting people from different countries. Although when I started university I took engineerings I gave it up eventually because I really needed to study a degree that meant something to me, so one year ago I became a primary school teacher.

Travelling is my passion. I've travelled a lot around Europe and I also studied some subjects from my degree in Latvia. This time last year I was living in Scotland in order to learn English... As you can see I didn't succeed in it and I'm still rubbish at English grammar and spelling. I'm so sorry for that but I'm working on it. I hope you'll be able to understand me!

Currently I'm living in the Mediterranean Coast of Spain but willing to go abroad soon. It's high time I moved to other continent. Here in Spain life for a vegetarian is kind of tough and we are just a few. Fortunately, asiatic, mexican, italian, turkish and vegetarian restaurants make our life easier. At least fruits,legums and vegetables are delicious here!

I'd really like to make other veggie friends and I hope to meet some of you soon.

Thanks to everyone!

Keira
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Banned

such modesty! your spelling and grammar are fantastic- especially considering that you learned in scotland- i bet you picked up a wonderful accent and some colourful slang!

where do you think you'll travel to next?

welcome to veggieboards- i'm glad you decided to join us.
#3 Old 03-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Rubbish at English grammar and spelling? Chica, tu inglés es mucho mejor que mi español, y vas a mejorar rapidismo en las palabras que faltas. Solo conocÃ* dos vegetarianos cuando vivÃ*a un semestre en España durante universidad, y mudaron de Barcelona a Tarragona durante mi semestre.

I miss tortilla española. I've tried to make it many times, but it falls apart and isn't the same.

Welcome to VB, and I hope you stick around! Since we've already got you hooked, like you say, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

Rubbish at English grammar and spelling? Chica, tu inglés es mucho mejor que mi español, y vas a mejorar rapidismo en las palabras que faltas. Solo conocÃ* dos vegetarianos cuando vivÃ*a un semestre en España durante universidad, y mudaron de Barcelona a Tarragona durante mi semestre.

Tarragona?! I spent 4 months there. I loved it!!

Welcome to VB Keira. Hope you like it here!
#5 Old 03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Veggie Regular

welcome to veggieboards! from engineer to primary school teacher, that's quite a difference. great that you are in a career that you love. hope you enjoy it here.

"Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity." Â George Carlin
#6 Old 03-05-2009, 02:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB! your English is wonderful, don't worry!
#7 Old 03-05-2009, 05:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB!

Don't worry your English is great! In fact, your grammar and spelling are better than some of the native English speakers here!
#8 Old 03-05-2009, 06:00 AM

Welcome to VB Keira!

Your english is excellent. Wow you have done so much and it all sound like so much fun! We are so glad you're here.
#9 Old 03-05-2009, 06:11 AM

#10 Old 03-05-2009, 06:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VeggieBoards, Keira!
#11 Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Hola, and welcome~! =)
#12 Old 03-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Bienvenidos!
#13 Old 03-05-2009, 08:07 AM

Thank you very much guys!!! You all have been so kind!!

hoodedclawjen You're right it was tricky to learn English in Scotland. At that time I didn't speak so much English but I was able to understand it quite well.. When I arrived there I was really upset cause I couldn't understand a single word!! Anyway, I'm glad I studied English there because the Scots are friendly people and now I'm able to understand any English accent!! I think my following destination would be Australia for two months. Thanks !!

Chrilynhawk,Quinoa, jenn0118, 3LittleBirds, isowish, Veggily, angelene17, Miso Jace, animeidee thank you very much for your welcome and say good things about my English.

Skylark thank you very much! Don't worry about your tortillas!! It takes a long long time to succeed in cook them properly and I'm quite sure yours are better than mines! You know what? Actually, after a lot of failures I learnt how to cook them when I was living in Latvia and one Valencian cook turned to be my neighbor... That was two years ago I hope you had a nice stay in Spain. Ahh!! Your Spanish is perfect!! No mistakes in what you wrote!!
#14 Old 03-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Bienvenida, Keira
#15 Old 03-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrilynhawk View Post

^^^ This tomato was maybe ripened in Scotland??

[attachment=8129:Welcome to VB with a tomato on top..png]

^^^ This tomato was ripened probably in Spain!

(ps- Chrilynhawk is in the states really, and is a good wannabe homegrower of vegs!)
#16 Old 03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB!

*this space not for sale*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page