Self-congratulations and Self-welcome - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-26-2009, 03:14 AM

I'm partly doing as I'm told, partly itching to get the creator's disconcerting smile off the top of my screen. It says that as soon as I post, he will go away!

Now I know that Ill get no posts for this at all, seeing as this is a newbie introduction. I dont really mind. I have a bit of time to kill before my next lesson

My name is Ava. Im 17 years old and live in England/Wales. Most people call me vornie but you can call me whatever you want. I really dont care.

Its approaching my first vegetarian anniversary- congratulations to me.

Im not only interested in the moral and scientific implications of a vegetarian diet, but Im also very involved in environmental issues, animal rights, anti-vivisectionyou name it, I believe in it!

I was a bit confused to see that anyone with opposing views to vegetarianism are forbidden from joining. I would have thought that it would be the perfect opportunity for healthy, unbiased discussion and for a vegetarians voice to be heard. Anyway- not my site. We all like to dabble a little in veggie fascism. Lets all sit down and congratulate ourselves for being moral kings of the world!

So yeah. There we go. First post: complete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB!

There are plenty of boards that are ABOUT vegetarianism - VB, however, is a board FOR vegetarians. A bit of healthy debate might seem like a good thing, but as vegetarians we find ourselves having to 'defend' vegetarianism in every other aspect of our lives, so it's pleasent having VB to retreat to, and opening the board up to opposing viewpoints seems to just welcome a lot of attacks and angry trolls. However, we DO get LOTS of heated debate here - after all, not every vegetarian is veggie for animal rights or animal welfare reasons, so we even get debate on that. If you're interested in debate, try The Compost Heap, but don't go in unprepared!

congratulations on one year as a vegetarian
#3 Old 02-26-2009, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Very well said isowish. And welcome to VB Vornie.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-26-2009, 03:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB!
#5 Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 AM

I definitely agree with isowish. To me, VB is a vegetarian safe-haven of sorts. It's a place that I can go and talk about whatever I want to without being asked a gazillion questions about my choices or ever truly feeling the need to defend myself. It's just a place to find online (and sometimes IRL) friendship as well as consolation and comfort.

Welcome
#6 Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB!

Believe me, you will soon come to realize how pleasant it is to only have vegetarians on here. It's the only place in my life that I'm not "that weird vegan freak".
#7 Old 02-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgyJff View Post

Welcome to VB!

Believe me, you will soon come to realize how pleasant it is to only have vegetarians on here. It's the only place in my life that I'm not "that weird vegan freak".

Thats what you think. j/k

Welcome to the family!
#8 Old 02-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaughan View Post

I'm partly doing as I'm told, partly itching to get the creator's disconcerting smile off the top of my screen. It says that as soon as I post, he will go away!

Funny, had it not been for that, I probably would have never actually signed up!

Welcome!
#9 Old 02-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

Thats what you think. j/k

Welcome to the family!

Thanks. I love you too.
#10 Old 02-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgyJff View Post

Thanks. I love you too.

we are all a little freaky here....
#11 Old 02-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page